A Little Birdie Told Me Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: This small card looks difficult, but it’s actually quick to make!
- Cover the card front with Mystic Garden pink/black bird paper. Turn the card over, and use the X-acto knife to re-cut the lines. Re-Score the score lines. Make the score lines closest to the outside as mountain folds. Make the inside score line valley folds. Ink the edges with black ink.
- Cover the inside square with Mystic Garden black script paper. Glue in place on each of the inside triangles. Cut a 3” square of black cardstock. Use the small swirl stamp with VersaMark™ in to make a border on one side about 1/8” from the edge. Dust with Glamour Green Embossing Glitter. Tap off the excess. Heat with the heat tool. Repeat on the opposite side. Mat on Mystic Garden pink circle paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered in the recessed square, with the embossed borders on the top and bottom.
- On a 3” square of black cardstock, stamp the birdcage in VersaMark™ ink. Dust with Amber Rose Embossing Glitter. Tap off the excess. Carefully use a small brush to take the embossing glitter off the small bird. Dust the bird with Blue Glitz Embossing Glitter. Tap off the excess. Heat with the whole cage with the heat tool. Cut close to the embossed edge. Foam tape on the embossed square. Zot a ribbon bow on the top of the cage.
- Place Black Jewel border Dazzles™ around the inside and outside frames. Stamp “A little birdie…” on a 2¼”x1/4” black cardstock with VersaMark™ ink. Heat emboss with Blue Glitz Embossing Glitter. Mat on Mystic Garden pink circle paper with 1/16” borders. Foam tape on the bottom right corner.
- Card Inside: Cover the inside with pink/black bird paper. Ink the edges. Heat emboss the edges of a 4”x3” pink circle paper with Blue Glitz Embossing Glitter. Heat emboss the small bird in Blue Glitz Embossing Glitter on the top left corner. Heat emboss a border of stamped swirls in Glamour Green Embossing Glitter about ½” from the bottom. Place the “Happy Birthday” Dazzles™. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue centered.