Thinking of You Card
By Susan Cobb
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top and cover with Painted Lace lavender/blue/pink texture/lace paper. Ink the edges black. Cut a 6”x4 1/2" Painted Lace aqua lace paper (from the bordered sheet). Mat on Silver Linen paper with 1/8” borders.
- Use the Precision Base Plate with your die cutting machine and Butterfly Window Cutting Dies to cut the large window from the acetate, making sure you have at least 1” of space all the way around the image. Turn the acetate die-cut over so the back is facing up on your protected work area. Squeeze a few drops of Pool ink on the edges of the oval and on the swirls/leaves areas. Use a cosmetic sponge to spread the ink on these areas. Add Eggplant ink and Cranberry ink to the butterflies in the same manner. Let dry. To clean up the edges of the oval, squeeze a bit of alcohol blending solution onto a cosmetic sponge and use it to remove any excess from the edges.
- Place the acetate die-cut centered on the matted aqua lace paper and Zot™ in place. Trim the excess acetate even with the edges. Glue it centered on the card. Place Black Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the edges of the acetate. Place Inside/Outside Dazzles™ Black “Thinking of you” centered on the oval. Place a Dazzles™ small butterfly near the words. Add Black Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the acetate butterflies as shown. Use 3/4" wide purple crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the lower left edge of the oval as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 6 1/2"x1 3/4” Painted Lace aqua lace paper and mat it on silver linen paper with 1/8” borders. Mat again on Painted Lace lavender/blue/pink texture/lace paper with 1/8” borders. Ink the edges black. Place Black Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the bottom edge of the aqua lace paper. Take a 3” length of purple crepe ribbon and tie a knot on the center. Wrap the ribbon vertically on the matted paper, 1/2" from the left side. Glue the ends to the back to secure. Glue the matted paper across the inside, 1 1/4" from the bottom.
- Place Dazzles™ “Sending warm Thoughts” near the center of the aqua lace paper. Die cut 2 small butterflies from acetate and color with Eggplant ink. Zot™ them angled on the right side of the words as shown. Place Black Jewel Dazzles™ on the butterflies as shown.