Ho Ho Ho Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: This simple card has lots of visual and tactile texture that’s fun for the recipient—fuzzy, smooth, shiny, and sparkly.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card with Crocodile Black Specialty paper. Cut 5”x6 1/4" red suede and glue it centered on the card. Cut a 5”x1 1/2" Crocodile Black Specialty paper and glue it across the card, 2 1/8” from the bottom. Place Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ even with the top and bottom edges of the red suede.
- For the Belt Buckle: Cut a 2” square from Silver Sparkles Holographic paper. Turn the piece over. Use your ruler and pencil to draw a line 1/4" from the edge, all the way around. Use your ruler and knife to cut out the resulting square from the inside. Turn the piece over. You should have a square silver frame. Foam tape it centered on the Crocodile Black rectangle.
- For the buttons: Punch two 3/4" circles from Snow Suede. Mat on Crocodile Black Specialty paper with 1/16” borders. Foam tape them evenly spaced, centered above the silver frame as shown.
- Use the “ho ho ho” cutting die and your die cutting machine to cut the words from Snow Suede. Glue it centered on the bottom of the card as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 5”x2” Red Suede and mat the long sides on Crocodile Black Specialty paper with 1/16” borders. Glue it centered across the card. Place Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the long edges of the Red Suede. Die cut “holly jolly” from Snow Suede. Trim the ends to fit and glue it centered on the Red Suede.