It’s Your Day Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: You can get lots of color by coloring on the stamp with water base markers.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Garden Walk brown dot paper. Glue a 4¼”x5¾” green paper centered.
- TECHNIQUE: Color on the stamp. Place a 3 1/8”x4 3/8” white cardstock in the MISTI. Color directly on the stamp, with the Aqua markers. With the MISTI, you can do small sections at a time, because the stamp will continue to stamp in the exact same position each time. Color a section, and before stamping, breathe on the stamp to moisten the ink. You can go back and do the same sections over to make the color brighter. Continue to color and stamp, breathing on the ink each time. Mat on brown cardstock with 1/16” borders. Foam tape 5/8” from the top.
- Color the sentiment with brown ink, and stamp on a 2 1/8”x ½” white cardstock. Mat on brown cardstock with 1/16” borders. Foam tape ½” from the bottom.
- Card inside: Glue 2¾”x5” brown dot paper centered, on the fold. Glue a 4” square of Garden Walk green paper 3/8” from the fold, centered.
- Cut a 3”x3¼” white cardstock. Place in the MISTI. Stamp the “Happy Birthday” and flower spray using the same color and stamp method. Mat on brown cardstock, with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the green paper.