Life Is Short Spinner Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Wind the stamped image before you close the card, so when it opens, it will spin for the recipient!
- Card front: Cut your card to 4¼”x5½”. Trace a 3½” circle on the inside front of the card, ¾” from to top. Mat a 4”x5¼” Emma’s Garden multi-colored diamond paper on Emma’s Garden brown with 1/8” borders. Temporarily attach it to the card front (you will remove it in a minute). Cut the circle through all the layers of the card front only. Remove the papers from the front.
- Stamp the mouse images on white cardstock. Color with Chameleon pens shading from light to dark. Use colors: YO3, NU1, CG8, PR4, BG4. Cut out both images. Place a 4½” thread or twine vertically, and glue the images together with the string sandwiched between.
- Tape the top string just above the circle of the card front. Pull the string taut, and tape just below the bottom of the circle. Glue the matted paper over the string, matching the circles. Place Dazzles™ around the edge of the circle window. Stamp the greeting onto 1 7/8”x3/4” white cardstock. Mat on Emma’s Garden brown paper with 1/8” borders. Foam tape to the card bottom.
- Card inside: Mat a 4”x5¼” Emma’s Garden green plaid paper on Emma’s Garden brown, with 1/8” borders. Glue to the inside. Place the “Happy Birthday” Dazzles™ on the bottom so they will not be seen in the window when the card is closed.
- Before you close the card, spin the mouse a few times. It will spin as the card is opened.