About the Card
Technique: Using ribbons
Style: Fun and festive
Designer: Shauna Berglund-Immel
Shaunas Tip: Love the look of ribbon stamped with alphabet rubber stamps? Me toobut I dont stamp them myself! For a simple card that can be completed quickly, embellish with pre-printed ribbon.
- Cut a 6 1/4 x 4 3/4 piece of blue linen paper. Ink the edges with black and center on the white card front.
- Adhere Make a Wish printed ribbon diagonally over the top left and bottom right corners of the card, positioning the ribbon so the Make a Wish sentiment is centered. Trim excess.
- Cut out and assemble glassine mini envelope. Glue Make a Wish ribbon across the front of the envelope so the sentiment is centered. Wrap the ends around the back of the envelope and secure. Glue the envelope in the center of the card front.
- Cut out the small blue tag. Cut off the word wish from the printed ribbon and adhere centered to the small blue tag, wrapping the ends around the back. Place a silver mini brad at the top of the tag (use your x-acto knife to poke a hole before inserting the brad) and attach it to the to the card with foam tape.
- Cut out the May all your wishes quote, chalk the inside with pink and ink the edges with black. Mat on blue linen paper and ink the edges again. Tuck it into the ribbon on the front of the envelope.
- For inside the card: Cut a 6 1/4 x 4 3/4 piece of blue words and ink the edges with black. Glue to the center of the inside back of the card. Cut out wish definition, chalk letters with pink and ink the edges with black. Glue it to the center of the inside back. Use your x-acto knife to poke a hole in the i in wish and substitute a silver mini brad for the dot.
Shauna Berglund-Immel is a scrapbook page designer, cardmaker and papercraft artist. Her work can be found in Hot Off The Press books like Shaunas Secrets of Scrapbooking, Making Designer Scrapbook Pages and Cardmakers Idea Book.