MegaFlake Bubble Wrap Butterfly Card
By Sara Naumann
Sara’s tip: Stamping with Vaseline is an easy way to create a fun resist effect. And stamping with bubble wrap or other found items is inexpensive and a great way to repurpose items bound for the recycling bin!
- Use your fingers to apply a light coat of Vaseline to the textured side of a piece of bubble wrap. Press onto white cardstock. Lift and spray with Dylusions. Blot with paper towel, then let the ink air dry. Buff to remove all traces of Vaseline. Mat on white cardstock.
- Place the card fold on the side. Cover with collage patterned paper. Glue the bubble wrap piece in the center.
- Stamp the butterfly on white cardstock using FlitterGlu. Sprinkle Winter Dawn MegaFlakes over the stamped images and use fingertips to burnish flakes into the adhesive. Add jewel Dazzles™ to the butterfly body and wings.
- Gently polish with the Scoochy Foam to reveal the stamped design. Mat on brown cardstock. Wrap with brown twine, then foam-tape to the card front. Tie a bow in gingham ribbon and glue as shown.
- For the card inside: Place all three stamps on one block and stamp with brown on white cardstock. Ink the edges and glue to butterfly patterned paper. Ink the edges, mat on white and glue to a 4” x 6” piece of floral collage paper. Glue to the card inside.