Merry Christmas Card
By Paris Dukes
For the Card Front:
- Cover the front of the card with ivory poinsettia paper, leaving the left and right edges unglued. Cut a 1 1/4” wide strip of ivory stripes paper with the stripes running vertically, then mat the left and right edges on ivory vellum and trim the mat to 1/8”. Glue the matted strip 3/4” from the right side of the card front, trimming the excess paper even with the top and bottom edges of the card.
- Cut out the quote and mat on ivory vellum, trimming the mat to 3/16”. Use red and ivory decorating chalks to accent the holly images, then glue the quote centered on the card front, about 7/8” down from the top edge.
- Cut a 6” length each of ivory grosgrain and ivory sheer ribbons. Lay them on opposite diagonal angles across the bottom portion of the card front, intersecting on top of the striped paper strip. Secure the ribbon tails under the left and right edges of the poinsettia paper, then glue down the edges of the paper.
- Find the 4-petal flower pattern on the template. Use a pencil to lightly trace the pattern twice onto ivory vellum. Cut around the pencil lines and fold along the fold lines, then follow the instructions on the template to fold each pattern into shape. Place one flower on top of the other and add one gold brad and one gold mini flower pinwheel to the center to connect the two shapes. Use foam tape to attach the flower shape over the striped paper strip on the card front, covering the point where the two ribbon lengths intersect.
For the Inside of the Card:
- Cut a 1 3/4”x5 1/2” piece of ivory poinsettia paper and glue it centered down the inside of the card. Cut out the quote, then mat on ivory vellum and trim the mat to 1/8”. Glue the quote centered on the inside of the card over the poinsettia paper piece.
A tip from Paris: Love the look of a ribbon length across your card front, but worried about the ends fraying over time? Rather than cut the ends of the ribbon even with the edges of the card, try tucking them under the paper that covers your card front. By taping the ribbon tails to the back of the paper, you won’t have to worry about frayed ends and you’ll have a sleek, finished look around the edges of your card.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2005 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013