Merry Stockings Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Trace this detailed stencil onto your card, then color with watercolor pencils.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the top. Cut 1 1/2" off of the right side.
- Place the Reindeer stencil on the card with the bottom of the stocking cutouts 1 1/8" from the bottom edge. Use stencil tape to hold in place. Trace the shapes on the stencil with the pen, then remove the stencil.
- Using water and the paintbrush, swipe the wet brush across the pencil lead to pick up colorant and use it to paint the images. For the left stocking I used pencil #'s 133 & 250. Middle stocking: #'s 108 & 121. Right stocking: #'s 133, 166 & 108. Stocking stuffers: a combination of the same colors mentioned. Go over some areas with #251 for highlights.
- Place Jewel Border Dazzles on the right and left sides, as shown.
- Mat a 5"x1 1/4" Christmas Sweets red/tan scallop paper on Christmas Sweets brown dot paper with a 1/8" border on the bottom edge. Foam tape as shown. Place Border Dazzles on the top edge and Zot an ivory crepe ribbon on the left.
- Mat a 5"x3/4" Christmas Sweets green circles paper on Christmas Sweets brown dot paper with a 1/8" border on the top edge. Foam tape as shown. Place Border Dazzles on the bottom edge, glue brown rick rack across the center and place Border Dazzles as shown.
- Place "Merry Merry" Dazzles on a 3 1/4"x7/8" Christmas Sweets red dot paper, mat on Christmas Sweets tan dot paper with a 1/16" border and foam tape as shown. Add an ornament Dazzles on the corner.