Naughty & Nice Acetate Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use the embossed acetate cover as a guide for embossing the inside of your card. Run the acetate under water and blot dry with a paper towel before embossing, to reduce static.
- Card front: Score a line ½” from the left side of 5 ½”x6 ½” acetate. Do not fold.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp “Even the Naughty…” on black cardstock, dust with white embossing powder, shake off the excess and set with the heat gun. Stamp and emboss the scroll borders above and below the greeting. Cut out around the outer edges of the stamped greeting, leaving a 1/16” border. Set the greeting on Christmas Cheer green dot paper, trace around the outside and remove the greeting. Cut 1/16” outside of the traced line and save the green mat for Step 3.
- Run the acetate under water and blot dry with a paper towel. Set the greeting centered on the acetate panel and use as a guide to stamp and embossing several snowflakes around the greeting. Use Ultra Tape to attach the greeting, centered on the acetate. Tape the saved green mat behind the acetate, centered under the greeting. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on several of the snowflakes. Mountain fold along the scored line on the left of the acetate and set aside.
- Card inside: Mat 4”x5 ½” Christmas Cheer black paper on Christmas Cheer ivory flourish paper, then Christmas Cheer maroon dot paper with 1/16" borders. Mat again on Christmas Cheer red/white snowflake paper with a ¼” border and glue centered on 5”x6 ½” black cardstock.
- Stamp and emboss “Merry Christmas” on 2 1/8”x1 ¼” Christmas Cheer black paper. Mat on Christmas Cheer ivory flourish paper, then Christmas Cheer maroon dot paper with 1/16" borders and glue centered on the card panel. Stamp and emboss several snowflakes around the greeting, using the acetate cover as a guide for placement of the extra snowflakes. Wrap a knotted ¾” wide green crepe ribbon ¾” from the top of the panel and tape the ends on the back. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on some of the snowflakes and on sentiment and paper corners, as shown.
- Place the inner fold of the front acetate panel around the left side of the back panel and use Ultra Tape to attach the ½” acetate tab onto the back of the cardstock panel, along the fold. Zot™ a bow onto the acetate, over the knot of the ribbon inside.