Our Past album
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Create a one of a kind album containing photos and histories from your family's past.
- Remove the album posts and pages. Use the surface of the ink pad to color the surface of the album. Glue 3/4" wide strips of black striped paper on each side of the binding. Add a piece of narrow black diamonds tape centered between the holes.
- Cut a 6 1/4"x1/2" red textured paper strip. Sand the edges to distress them. Slide the metal buckle onto the strip. Use the knife to make an opening through the paper and insert the buckle fastener into the hole. Place the strip with buckle across a 6"x6" 1/4" ivory ledger paper and secure the buckle with a brad, 1" from the bottom of the paper. Add black diamond tissue tape to the right side of the red paper strip. Place a length of ruler tissue tape 1/4" from the bottom of the paper. Glue the paper to the album cover.
- Tear a 2 1/2"x3 1/2" car license plates paper and sand the edges. Mat on red textured paper, tearing the right edge. Glue even with the top edge of the ivory ledger paper, 1/4" from the left edge. Tear a 2 1/2"x2" piece of car license plates paper and sand the edges. Glue to the right side of the ivory ledger paper, just above the buckle. Cut or tear signage, tickets, clocks or other art from papers, then sand or ink edges as desired. Layer the pieces onto the ivory ledger paper in a collaged manner and glue in place. Add black diamond tissue tape to the upper right edge of the ivory ledger paper as shown.
- Place the large round "Paris" sticker overlapping the red paper strip and ruler tissue tape, left of the buckle. Use the template to trace Exquisite Label onto ivory paper and ink edges. Mat on black cardstock, leaving 1/16" border. Glue to the center of the album. Add Alpha Parts letters to spell "Our Past" centered on the label. Cut out a moth paper art from remaining paper and foam tape to the label near the words as shown.
- Write on a blank label and place in the metal holder. Thread holder with twill ribbon and knot. Glue to the top left corner of label. Place black label letters on the top right album corner noting the date of album contents.