Peace & Love Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Technique--When coloring with these Spectrum Noir pencils, it’s easy to use 3 colors together in the same color family—dark, medium, and light. Build vibrant color and shading by applying the darkest color first, using very light pressure. Continue with the medium color, overlapping part of the dark area, still using light pressure. Continue in the same manner with the light color, using it very lightly for highlighted areas. Now go back and add more color with a little more pressure, emphasizing shadows and contours.
- Front: Place the blank card with the fold at the left. Cut a 4 3/4"x6 3/8” Christmas Lace green striped paper and glue centered on the card. Cut a 4 3/4"x3 1/2" Christmas Lace green/red/blue holly paper and glue even with the bottom of the striped paper. Cut a 4 3/4"x5/8” pink poinsettias paper and glue across the two papers, 3 5/8” from the bottom. Cut a 4 3/4"x1/8” strip of dark green cardstock and glue across the card, even with the top edge of the pink poinsettias paper. Cut a 4 3/4"x1/2” Christmas Lace striped paper and glue even with the bottom of the green holly paper. Add Seafoam Stickles™ across the top edge of the green holly paper and the bottom of the striped paper. Let dry.
- Stamp the Reindeer of Joy image on white cardstock with the Tuxedo Black Memento® ink. Place the Design Tool Kit #3 Scalloped Oval shape centered on the image. Trace around the edges with a pencil, remove the template and cut out the shape. Mat on Christmas Lace burgundy dots paper with 1/8” borders.
- Use the technique in the tip above to color in the image as follows: #86, 90, 92, 94 for the hair; #57, 59, 60 for the green areas of the dress, glove, hat, and reindeer bow; #92, 94, 103 for the shoes; #90, 92, 94 for the reindeer; #32, 93, 105 for the dark pink clothing, hair bow, fluffy hat and cuffs, reindeer bow; #105 for the light pink sleeves, lips, cheeks (also for reindeer cheeks); #4, 5, 9 for the little girl’s face.
- Add Seafoam Stickles™ on the reindeer collar, tiny heart on the hair bow, and base of the hat bow, using the tip of your knife to spread it out to fill the space. Add Thistle Stickles™ on the pom poms and tiny heart as shown. Let dry. Foam tape centered on the card front, 3/4” from the bottom.
- Trace an Elegant Tag shape on dark green cardstock. Remove the template and cut out the tag. Mat on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Place Petite Dazzles™ “PEACE” and “LOVE” on the tag as shown. Add a heart centered between the words. Glue/foam tape the tag angled on the right side of the scalloped oval. Use 1/4" wide sheer burgundy ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the end of the tag as shown.