Thanks for tuning in to Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes! To show our appreciation, we're offering a free download to all our Weekly Webisodes viewers. Simply click on the link below to download a whole sheet of versatile alphabet tiles, then keep reading for project ideas! Click on the image to download the free full sheet of alphabet tiles!
By LeNae Gerig
Want all the products LeNae used to make this cool "Thank U" card? Just click here to purchase all the supplies at once with special 10% savings!
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover the top half of the card front with burgundy/aqua floral paper, placing one of the faux-distressed edges of the paper against the card fold. Cover the bottom half of the paper with burgundy/aqua striped paper (stripes running vertically), placing one of the faux-distressed edges along the bottom edge of the card.
- Glue a 2 1/8"-wide strip of burgundy textured paper 1" from the bottom edge of the card. Glue the burgundy/aqua striped border 1/2" from the top edge of the burgundy paper strip.
- Cut out (or punch out with a 3/4" circle punch) alphabet tiles to spell "thank u". Ink the edges and add aqua chalk to the letters on each tile.
- Layer one small light blue silk flower on top of a large light blue silk flower and add a sage green big brad to the center to hold the layers together. Use a Zot attach the flowers over the right end of the burgundy paper strip. Add an aqua mini brad to the top of the "u" alphabet tile, then glue the tile centered over the brad in the center of the flowers.
- Add a sage green mini brad to the top of each of the remaining alphabet tiles, then glue them to the left of the silk flowers, overlapping the striped border.
- Tie a knot in a length of aqua grosgrain ribbon. Use Zots to attach the ribbon 1" from the top of the card, positioning the knot toward the left edge of the card. Trim any excess ribbon even with the edges of the card.
For the Card Inside:
- Glue a 1 1/4"-wide strip of burgundy/aqua striped paper (stripes running vertically) 5/8" from the top of the card inside.
- Fold a 1 1/2" length of aqua grosgrain ribbon in half and secure the loose ends behind the top of the "friends" artwork tile to create a tab. Use foam tape to attach the tile over the left end of the striped paper strip.
Altering Alphabet Tiles
Alphabet tiles are a quick, easy way to create your own card sentiments or add titles, monograms and journaling accents to scrapbook pages. They're great when used as is, and you can even alter them for extra personality! Check out five of LeNae's ideas for altering these cool little paper letters, or get creative and come up with your very own techniques!
- For the "T" tile, LeNae chalked the center portion of the alphabet tile with aqua decorating chalk and added a mini brad to the top.
- The "H" was mounted on a tag cut-out and a mini brad was added to the tab. LeNae attached an embroidery floss bow to the top of the alphabet tile with a Zot.
- For the "A", LeNae inked the edges of the tile with brown ink, rubbed brown decorating chalk over the center of the tile and added a mini brad to the top.
- LeNae set an eyelet in the top of the "N" tile, then added a loop of embroidery floss to use the tile as a charm.
- For the "K" tile, LeNae crumpled and smoothed out the tile, then lightly tapped it with a black ink pad before adding a mini brad to the top.