Ride Like a Girl Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Color Fragments and Mica Flakes from the Encrusted Jewels Kit can be attached with Tacky Glue or a glue stick.
- Swipe the corners and edges of 4¾”x4¾” Kraft cardstock with VersaMark™, dust with Detail Capri embossing powder and set with the heat set. Run a glue stick over the corners of the cardstock, sprinkle Teal Color Fragments over the glue, shake off the excess and let dry.
- Glue the piece at an angle (as shown) over a 5”x5” black suede paper. Wrap black and tan twine across the piece twice, tying a knot on the left.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and cut 1½” from the right side, making a 5”x5” card. Glue the twined piece onto the card front.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the Rodeo Girl on 4”x4” Kraft cardstock. Dust with black embossing powder, shake off the excess and set with the heat gun. Use the VersaMarker™ to highlight “Ride like a Girl”, the cowgirl’s clothes, the saddle and reins. Dust with Detail Capri embossing powder and heat set.
- Swipe the corners and edges of the cardstock with VersaMark™, dust with Aged Teal and Detail Capri embossing powders. Heat set. Place Teal Mica flakes on the corners and re-heat the embossed areas from underneath, to set the flakes in place. Mat the piece on black suede with a 1/16" border. Glue at an angle on the card front, as shown.
- Zot™ on three teal flowers and a double bow of ¼” teal sheer ribbon, on the left.