Silver & Gold Tapestry Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Save the removed paper backing from the back of the gold pearl die-cut and use as a mask for inking around on the inside of your card.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with black suede paper and glue 4 "x6 " black shine design paper on center.
- Follow your die-cutting machine manufacturer's instructions to cut two lacy tapestry die-cuts from silver pearl paper. Remove the paper backing from the die-cut (save for the inside), place with the pointed end facing upwards and cut across the die-cut, 2 3/8" from the bottom edge, then cut the bottom piece in half vertically. Remove the paper backing and place the four cut pieces on each corner of the shine design paper, as shown.
- Cut a tapestry die-cut from gold pearl paper, remove the paper backing and place the die-cut on black suede paper. Cut around the outer edges of the die-cut leaving a 1/16" border of the suede. Glue centered between the silver pearl corner pieces.
- Glue a length of black crepe across the upper left corner of your card, tucking the ends under the suede edges. Zot on a knot of crepe with "v" cut ends. Back the "Hope" and "Peace" charms on black suede and Zot under the knot. Place LeCreme Pearls on the gold tapestry die-cut, on the card corners and on the bow.
- Card inside: Place the saved paper die-cut backing piece (from step-2) on the upper right corner of your card and use the wedge to sponge a light layer of ink through the die-cut. Cut the left end of a 4 "x1/4" strip of gold pearl paper at an angle and place 1/8" from the top. Repeat with a 4 "x1/8" strip of silver pearl paper and place 1/8" below the gold. Xot on a tiny knot of crepe with "v" cut ends and place pearls as shown.