By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Create clovers from 3-D Heart Dazzles™ Gold and pop up the edges of the center hearts to give them dimension.
- Emboss white cardstock with the Hearts and Dots Embossing Folder. Cut the embossed cardstock to 4”x5 1/2” and use rubber brayer to apply Mint Chalk Ink to the embossed surface. Ink edges and mat on Gold Ripple Holographic Paper, leaving 1/8” border. Place the card with the fold on the left and glue the embossed rectangle to the card center.
- Cut a “V” shape at one end of ¾”x5 3/8”, ¾”x4¼” green Geometrics paper and ¾”x4 7/8” chevron Geometrics paper. Glue evenly spaced and even with the top of the embossed paper as shown. Knot the ends of 1½” wide length of green crepe Geometrics ribbon and trim the 1¼” tails with a “V” shape. Place the ribbon ¾” from the card top and Zot the knot on the left side of the card as shown. Glue the ribbon ends to extend off the card edges and trim.
- Tag: Cut the top corners from 1¾”x2½” Gold Ripple Holographic paper. Write or print “Lucky Me!” on white cardstock and cut into a thin strip. Glue across the bottom of the tag as shown. Ink edges of 1 5/8” square of green Geometrics paper. Place 3 medium 3-D Heart Dazzles™ Gold to the square for a clover as shown. Cut a thin line of gold from the edge of the heart backing sheet for the clover stem. Punch a 1/8” hole at the top of the tag and thread with twine cording. Zot the twine ends under the ribbon knot and foam tape the tag to the card as shown.
- Inside: Mat the bottom edge of 5”x2” green Geometrics paper with 1/8” wide border of Gold Ripple Holographic paper. Glue to the top of the card as shown. Write or print “To Have a Friend….” On white cardstock. Place tiny 3-D Heart Dazzles™ Gold in the shape of a clover to the right of the text and cut a thin strip of heart backing sheet for the stem. Cut cardstock into a thin strip with a “V” shape on the left end. Glue even with the right side of the card as shown.
"Pick of the Bunch"
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Cut the twine and apply glue stick to one side. Carefully apply the twine to the paper and let dry.
- Place the card fold on the side. Glue a 4 3/4” x 6 1/4” pink glitter paper to the card front. Glue 5”x1/4” green glitter strips across the card, 1 1/2” from the top and bottom.
- Write the greeting at the bottom of white cardstock and cut to 3 1/4” x5” and glue to the card center. Place tiny Dazzles hearts at each corner of the rectangle.
- Punch 3 green hearts and back each heart with pink glitter. Foam tape the hearts to the top of the white cardstock. Place 3 Jewel Dazzles hearts at the center.
- Glue a 3” length of twine to curve from under the heart shamrock. Tie a small twine bow and glue to the “stem.”
- Inside: Glue a 2 1/4” x 1 5/8” piece of pink glitter paper, 3/4” from the top of the inside back. Glue a 5” x 1/2” piece of green glitter across the card and over the pink rectangle. Glue a greeting, printed on white cardstock, to the center of the pink rectangle. Place tiny Dazzles hearts to the corners. Assemble 3 small hearts at the top left and right card corners to make shamrocks. Draw a wavy line from each for a stem.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Create 4 leaf clovers using a heart stamp and Mini Chalk Ink. To keep the shapes evenly spaced, first stamp 2 hearts opposite one another and then turn your paper and stamp the remaining 2 opposite hearts.
Font: Over the Rainbow 14 and 18 pt.
- Place the card fold on the left and cover the card with blue/green dot Rock On paper. Mat 3¾”x4 1/2” Forest Suede paper with white cardstock, leaving 1/16” border. Write or print “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” on white cardstock. Cut into a ½” strip and ink edges. Glue across the suede rectangle, ¼” from the bottom. Ink the rectangle edges mint green.
- Glue the suede rectangle to the card center 5/8” from the card top. Glue 5”x1 7/8” Hammered Gold Specialty paper across the center of the suede rectangle.
- Stamp 4 hearts in green on white cardstock as shown and cut cardstock to 3 1/8”x3¼”. Ink edges green and foam tape centered over the gold border as shown. Cut a “V” shape at the bottom of a 5/8”x1” and ½”x3/4” Hammered Gold Specialty paper. Glue both shapes even with the bottom left edge of the suede rectangle as shown.
- Inside: Write or print “May the luck of the Irish be yours” on white cardstock. Stamp a 4 heart green clover centered below the sentiment. Cut the cardstock to 3 5/8”x4 3/8” and ink edges green. Mat cardstock on Forest Suede, leaving a ¼” border. Glue a 1/2/”x6½” Hammered Gold strip down the card, ¾” from the fold. Glue the suede rectangle overlapping the gold border as shown.