Summer Days Page
By Gail Booth
Designer’s Tip: Cut the Jewel Border Dazzles™ around the photos, so they’ll be long enough to span the paper. For a name with more letters than the banner doilies will hold, journal on cardstock, or onto one of the die-cut tags.
- Start with Picnic stripe paper as your background. Mat a 9 1/2”x9 1/2” Picnic blue floral paper on white cardstock with a 1/8” border and glue on your page center. Place Jewel Border Dazzles™ across the blue floral paper 1 1/2” from the top and bottom edges, cutting apart where the photos will lay.
- Mat a 3 1/2”x5” photo on Navy Suede with a 1/16” border, then on Red Holographic paper with a 1/8” border. Glue 1/4” from the upper right corner of the blue floral paper. Mat a 4”x5 1/2” photo on Red Holographic with a 1/16” border, then on Navy Suede with a 1/8” border. Glue 1/4” from the lower left corner of the blue floral paper.
- Pop out a blue frame die-cut, remove the paper nibs with your fingernail and back with a photo. Glue in place, as shown. Journal “Sunny Smiles” on a rectangular frame center die-cut, mat on red holographic with a 1/16” border and foam tape in place. Place a border Dazzles™ on the left side. Lace a knotted ribbon through a blue button die-cut and foam tape in place.
- Cut one banner die-cut down to four doilies and glue across the upper left corner. Foam tape the other banner draping down to the right, as shown. Journal individual letters on white cardstock, punch each one out with the circle punch and foam tape onto the doily banner. Zot™ small knotted ribbons at each end.
- Mat the large pinwheel die-cut on Navy Suede, and the small pinwheel on Red Holographic with 1/16” borders and place Border Dazzles™ on as shown. Foam tape the large one as shown and foam tape a red die-cut button on center, with ribbon tied through. Foam tape the small one as shown.
- Journal “Summer Days” on a 5/8” strip of white cardstock, trim the end in a “v”, mat on Picnic red bandana paper with a 1/16” border and foam tape in place. Place Border Dazzles™ on the long edges.
- Journal the age separately on white cardstock, cut out close to the letters and glue onto the blue banner die-cut. Foam tape in place.