By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Add micro beads or Inka-Gold to Double-Stick Hearts Dazzles™ to add colorful shimmer and texture to your project.
- Cover the top flap of the Heart Window Flap card with pink textured paper, trimming edges even with the flap. Cut a 6”x1/2” The Sweet Life green/ivory dots paper and glue it across the flap, 1 1/2" from the bottom center curve. Trim edges evenly inside the heart and on the outside of the flap. Ink the edges of the flap with dark brown ink. Add White Jewel Border Dazzles™ even with the top fold of the flap, and on the edges of the green/ivory dots paper.
- Place “Inside/Outside Greetings Dazzles™ white “Thank You” and heart on the upper right side of the flap. Use dark pink/white twine to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the upper left edge of the heart opening. Place two Double-Stick Hearts Dazzles™ 3/8” hearts on the plastic cover for the Dazzles™ sheet. Use the palette knife to obtain a small amount of Rose Quartz Inka-Gold and place it on a piece of scrap paper. Use your finger to spread the Inka-Gold evenly onto each heart to cover them completely. Let dry a couple of minutes. Place a pink heart centered on each side of the green/ivory dots paper.
- Cover the bottom flap with The Sweet Life striped paper. Ink the edges dark brown.
- Take a white heart die cut and place it on The Sweet Life green/ivory dots paper. Using it as a template, trace around the edges of the heart onto the paper. Remove the heart die cut and cut out the paper shape. Ink the edges dark brown and set it aside for the inside.
- Peel a Hearts Double-Stick Dazzles™ 1 7/8” heart with opening from the backing and place it on the Dazzles™ plastic cover sheet, then place the cover sheet inside the box or plastic container. Pour micro beads over the heart and lightly press in place. Tap to remove the excess beads, then pour the excess back into the container. Peel the center heart from the backing that was inside the first heart on the Dazzles™ sheet. Spread Inka-Gold on the small heart as before. Let dry.
- Place the Hearts Dazzles™ sheet on your cutting mat. Use your knife to carefully cut around the edges of the 1 7/8” heart backing. Place the heart centered on a white heart die cut and lightly glue in place or use temporary adhesive to create a mask. Ink the outer edges of the heart die cut with dark brown ink. Remove the center heart shape.
- Place the micro beaded heart centered on the white area of the inked heart die cut. Place the pink heart inside the beaded heart. Place Inside/Outside Greetings Dazzles™ white heart centered on the pink heart. Place the heart die cut on the striped paper so it is centered inside the heart opening on the flap from the front when the card is closed. Glue in place.
- Open the card out flat. Cover the center inside panel with The Sweet Life white/pink/blue/green dots paper. Ink the edges dark brown. Cover the second white heart die cut with pink textured paper and ink the edges dark brown. Place Dazzles™ “You make me Smile” and tiny white heart on the right side and center of the die cut. Place a 7/8” Double Stick Dazzles™ heart on white cardstock and trim evenly around the edges. Cover the heart with micro beads as before. Glue the beaded heart on the left side of the pink covered die cut as shown. Glue the heart centered on the white/pink/blue/green dots paper, 1/2” from the top. Cut a 6 1/2"x1/2” green/ivory dots paper and glue across the panel, 3/4" from the bottom. Add White Jewel Border Dazzles™ across the green/ivory dots paper. Tie a dark pink/white twine bow and Zot™ it on the upper left edge of the heart die cut.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x1/2” pink textured paper and glue it centered across the bottom inside panel. Place White Jewel Border Dazzles™ centered on the pink textured paper. Glue the reserved green/ivory dotted heart centered on the pink textured paper. Place Dazzles™ ”You are my Everything” centered on the heart. Spread Inka-Gold on a 9/16” Double Stick Dazzles™ heart and let dry. Place the heart centered near the bottom of the green/ivory dots heart. Place a Dazzles™ tiny white heart centered on it.