The Sweet Life
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Paper piece the ice cream cone image with contrasting patterned papers, adding Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls for the chocolate sauce on top. Fun!
- Front: Place your Side Step card with the main fold at the top. Ink the outer edges of all the card panels with dark brown ink. Use the Front paper pattern to trace the shape onto The Sweet Life green/hearts circles paper and cut it out. Glue it centered on the large front panel. Cut a 5 3/4"x3/4” brown dots paper and glue it even with the bottom of the green/hearts circles paper. Cut a 5 3/4" length of Ballerina Lace Fabric Tape and place it centered on the brown dots strip.
- Use the large label from the Lacy Labels Cutting Dies and your die cutting machine to cut the shape from light blue textured paper. Put the outer frame aside for another project. Take the center label and ink the edges dark brown. Stamp the ice cream cone image centered on the light blue textured label with dark brown ink. Now stamp the image on pink textured paper, orange/ivory plaid paper, and dark pink plaid paper. Cut out the cherry portion of the image from the dark pink plaid paper. Cut out the ice cream portion of the image from the pink textured paper, and the cone portion of the image from the orange/ivory plaid paper.
- Foam tape the dark pink cherry onto the stamped image on the light blue label. Squeeze Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls onto the chocolate sauce area of the stamped image on the light blue label. Lay flat to dry. When dry, foam tape the pink ice cream and the cone on the stamped image. Add another layer of Liquid Pearls over the first layer if needed. Let dry flat. Mat the light blue label on The Sweet Life dark pink plaid paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges dark brown and glue it centered on the left side of the card’s front panel.
- Use the Front Riser paper pattern to trace the shape onto The Sweet Life orange/ivory plaid paper, then cut it out. Glue it centered on the front riser. Repeat for the Back Riser, using the Back Riser pattern and The Sweet Life pink textured paper. Glue in place. Cut a 2 7/8”x3/8” striped paper and ink the edges dark brown. Glue across the front riser, 1/4” from the top. Cut a 2 7/8” length of Rose Garden Lace Fabric Tape and place it across the back riser, 3/4" from the top.
- Use the small label die to cut one set each from The Sweet Life green/ivory dots paper and light blue textured paper. Ink the edges of the green/ivory frame and light blue textured oval label. Glue the green/ivory frame overlapping the top edge of the back riser as shown. Stamp “THE Sweet LIFE” centered on the light blue label, then foam tape it centered inside the green/ivory frame.
- Add Pink Jewel Dazzles™ as sprinkles on the chocolate sauce, edges of the labels, and to embellish the lace fabric tape. Use dark pink/white twine to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the upper left edge of the label.