|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||New Dazzles™! Check out our new spring designs and get some savings too!
Time for Spring Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I painted white paper flowers with smooch inks to give them color that matches the background paper, and added stamped clock faces for the flower centers. Lime mini rick-rack works great for flower stems.
- With the card fold at the left, glue the pink dotted paper to the card front with the striped border from the bottom. Write or computer print Time for spring! on yellow checked paper. Trim to a 5 x strip, then glue across the bottom of the card front. Ink the edges of the card.
- Mix 2 parts Moonlight Smooch to 1 part Sugarberry smooch together with the paint brush on the acrylic block for a lighter purple color. Paint two smaller flowers with the mixture, then let dry. Paint the large flower with Taffy Smooch and let dry.
- Stamp the cuckoo clock image, the 7/8 clock with Roman numerals image, and the tall clock image onto yellow checked paper with the black ink pad. Cut out each clock face and foam tape them to the flower centers as shown.
- Cut lime mini rick-rack and glue to the card front for flower stems. Cut simple leaf shapes from green textured paper, ink the edges, and glue near the stems. Glue flowers over the top of the stems. Glue additional rick-rack across the top of the striped border.
- Stamp the corner image at top corners of the card, and on each side of words at bottom, as shown.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 5x2 pink dotted rectangle with the border at the left side. Glue rick-rack along edge of the border, trimming evenly with the paper. Glue centered to the inside of the card. Write or computer print message on yellow checked paper and trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges and glue to the pink dotted paper. Stamp corners at the right side as shown.