"Wish" star ornament
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: This fun and bright ornament is super easy to make, and the 12x12 Washi tape sheet is enough to decorate several star ornaments.
- Place the back of the star cookie cutter face down on the lime Washi Tape sheet. Holding the cookie cutter in place, trace the outline of the star shape with the pencil. Remove the cookie cutter and cut out the star shape.
- Turn the cookie cutter over and place the shape inside, checking to make sure it fits (you may need to trim the points slightly). Peel the backing from the shape and smooth it in place inside the cookie cutter. Use the Crop-A-Dile Big Bite to punch a 1/8" hole in one of the points for the top (it will be a snug fit, but place the cookie cutter with the Washi Tape side up into the Crop-A-Dile)
- Add red Stickles along the edges of the lime star and let dry. Add a tiny drop of silver Stickles inside one small and one medium red flower and add a silver rhinestone on the Stickles to anchor it in place. Set flowers aside to dry.
use the template to trace a "Rounded Label G" on lime cardstock and cut it out. Sand the edges to create a white border. Add the underlined "WISH" stickers centered on the label and foam tape centered inside the cookie cutter. Place the flowers overlapping the label as shown, anchoring them with foam tape to fill the space beyond the label.
- Cut a 22" length of memory thread and fold in half. Twist the two lengths together 3 times, 2 1/2" from the fold (this will form a loop). Place the loose ends together and thread through the hole at the top of the ornament from inside to back, pulling the ends through so the twisted portion near the loop is at the top of the ornament. Wrap the ends around the loop just above the twisted portion twice to secure. Wrap the ends around the paint brush handle to coil it. Loosen the coiled ends and arrange as shown.
- Tie a lime metallic ribbon bow and Zot to the memory thread between the coiled ends. Use silver Stickles to anchor a silver rhinestone at each star point. Add tiny star stickers as shown.