|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Check out our new idea book, Cards & More with Dazzles, for great projects and savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Working Sara's Surfaces
Designer: Laura Nicholas
You are my hero!
By Laura Nicholas
Even if your Dad isnt a firefighter - these symbols represent a hero.
Lightly sand the Brad Buddies to highlight the embossing. Add a large tag inside the envelope to hold a gift card.
- Cover flaps of the envelope with striped paper and sand the edges. Cover the front and back of the envelope with black script paper and sand the edges. Cover the inside flap with tan paper, ink the edges and glue the side flaps together to close the envelope.
- Punch holes in the striped flaps and thread with a black ribbon for a closure. Print journaling on tan paper and trim to 1 " squares. Ink the edges and mat with black glimmer paper. Add pen work and glue next to the tie closure.
- Lightly sand the Brad Buddies. Cut three tan 2 "x1 " mats. Ink the edges and then mat all three on one piece of black glimmer paper. Mat again with striped paper. Attach the Brad Buddies to the tan mats and add pen work. Foam tape to the front of the envelope.
- For the tag: Cut out a large tag of black glimmer paper. Punch a hole in the top and tie black ribbon.
- Cut a 1" strip of black script paper and a 2" strip of striped paper. Glue the script paper to the black glimmer. Sand the edges of the striped and foam tape overlapping the script paper to create a pocket.
- Write a greeting on tan paper, cut into two pieces and ink the edges. Add pen work and glue to the tag, as shown.
- Add a gift card to the pocket.