You are so very special
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Stamp a flower on patterned paper, then cut it out. Foam tape it to the stem and leaves for a striking card focal.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Fresh Cut red/yellow/pink/blue/black floral paper and ink the edges. Cut a 3 3/4"x3 1/2" teal/red swirls rectangle and stamp the large flower with stem and leaves image on the center with black ink. Ink the edges then mat the top and bottom edges on yellow patterned paper with 1/4" borders. Mat again on black with very thin borders. Glue centered and even with the left side of the card front.
- Cut a 1 1/4"x6 1/2" yellow patterned paper rectangle and mat long sides on black with very thin borders. Stamp a large swirl image 3 times across the rectangle, then glue to the right side of the card front, overlapping the teal/red swirls rectangle slightly.
- Stamp the same large flower image plus 2 small blossoms on dark pink/red swirls paper. Cut out the large blossom and foam tape it over the first blossom image on the card front. Cut out the small blossoms and foam tape them between the large swirls on the stamped border. Stamp "You are so very special" on pink/red swirls paper and trim to a small tag shape. Mat on yellow with thin borders. Ink the edges and glue angled to the card front as shown. Tie a black crepe bow and Zot in place near the bottom of the stem and tag.
- Stamp a butterfly image on yellow patterned paper and cut it out. Paint in the butterfly wings and the flower centers with Pool Smooch as shown.
- Cut a 5"x1 1/2" teal/red swirls paper and mat long sides on black with very thin borders. Glue centered across the inside. Stamp "I love you" on pink/red swirls paper and trim to a small tag shape. Mat on yellow patterned paper with very thin borders. Stamp a large blossom image (the same as for the front) on yellow patterned paper and cut out the blossom. Glue the tag to the swirls paper and add the blossom overlapping it as shown. Stamp a small butterfly on teal textured paper (from the floral bordered sheet) and cut it out. Glue to the tag near the words. Paint in the flower center as shown with Smooch.