Christmas Card & Faith Card

Hello everyone! Do you like making special one-of-a-kind Christmas cards for family and friends or do you make several of the same kind and then move on to something new? Either way, it’s nice to have tools that we can use repeatedly.

I made these woodsy wreath cards using Dee’s Distinctively™ Cutting Dies Wreath Builder, Hot Off The Press 120 Merry Christmas Dazzles™ Stickers, Red Jewel Dazzles™ Stickers, Emerald Glimmer Paper, Christmas Cabin Paper Pack and Ribbon Set.

The Wreath Builder Dies make these cards quick to make. I cut leaves from 3 different green papers and then used a large stylus on a foam surface (mouse pad or craft foam) to curve each leaf.

Use Glue or Zots™ to place each leaf around the edges of a 2 1/2″ wide circle die-cut .

Place foam tape on the back of the circle and place on the card front.

Place a bow and large Red Jewel Dazzles™ Stickers as shown. I especially like that 120 Merry Christmas Dazzles™ Stickers features multiple greetings in the same font and color, which helps in making identical cards.

Looking to after Chritmas projects, Penny Black has a wonderful line of faith based stamps that I have seen used in Bible Journaling, but I wondered how I would use them on cards.

Here is what I came up with….

The same Penny Black Stamps, Gifts From Above and Spiritual Snippets, just used in a new way.

I paired the stamps with Onyx Glimmer Paper, Zen Butterflies Dazzles™ Stickers and Tim Holtz’s Metallic Distress Crayons to create the shimmery background.

For the background I colored white cardstock with lines of gold, bronze and silver crayon.

Then I misted the cardstock lightly with a Spritzer filled with water.

Finally, I smudged the moistened crayon with my fingertips and blotted with a dry paper towel. I added Zen Butterfly Dazzles™ Stickers and both Gifts From Above and Spiritual Snippets Stamps which are both so versatile when making cards of encouragement.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you found some inspiration for your next project. Happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

8 responses to “Christmas Card & Faith Card”

1. Pat Smith says:

Lovely card, truly the most “Christmassy” I’ve ever seen. Thanks muchly.

2. Valerie Breingan says:

Gorgeous wreath.Oh heck it’s all Beautiful.

3. Marie Mar says:

Hi

I love the faith card. It can be used for so many occasions and say so many special things at a time when needed. I will brighten it up, though 🙂 I enjoy the blog very much and wait to get it.

4. Patricia Wilson says:

Pretty wreath card and love the metallic distress background. Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

5. Jeannie Brown says:

This is a wonderful tutorial. I love those stamps and the Cozy Cabin papers. Thank you so much for sharing.

6. Barbara Kirchner says:

LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!! Those stamps are beautiful ..The say the most encouragement to people who need a lift. My pockets are pretty low on cash right now but as soon as I can I will buy if any is left.

7. sharren nicholson says:

very nice….was hoping the fruit of the spirit words were in them so I am a bit disappointed but look forward to using them anyway

8. Cee La' Vee says:

Thank you, creating such beautiful cards. They truly express meaning.
    More like these, please.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Welcome to Paper Wishes’ Papercraft and Scrapbooking Vlog! Our card making and scrapbooking vlog is the place to visit for inspired project ideas, the latest craft techniques, and the inside scoop on all things Paper Wishes! Visit our card making and scrapbooking vlog to see the latest card designs and scrapbook layouts from the Paper Wishes Design Team, discover new paper craft tools and products, and to learn about upcoming events! Make sure to visit our card making and scrapbooking vlog often so you don’t miss a moment of crafting fun!