Faith Inspired Bible Tote & Card

Hi everyone! A few days ago I was browsing the goodies in our Paper Wishes buyer, Bethany’s, office (wouldn’t you?) when I found, what I thought was a beautiful purse. No? Not a purse. It was an AMAZING Creative Devotional Bible Tote from American Crafts and it immediately went on my Christmas List!

It has wonderful colors of cream and gold with this gorgeous aqua lining. Look at all of these pockets!

As you can see the tote is beautiful as is, but I thought “hey, it’s made of canvas; I wonder if I can color it?”

I sprinkled Indigo and Turquoise Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst onto the canvas and used a Spritzer filled with water to mist the powder until it bled into this burst of color! I can’t wait to use mine and it would make a great gift too!

Remember you can recreate this technique with any light colored canvas purse or tote bag. Maybe it’s time to clean out those closets and refurbish some accessories?

This faith inspired card uses Song Birds Paper Pack, Ribbon Set, Prima’s Creating In Faith Mary Stamp and Spectrum Noir™ Pastels Pen Set. Don’t forget the sparkle with Grandma’s Roses Sequin Tin.

Prima’s Creating In Faith line of stamps features strong women from the Bible. They are so beautiful.

Here are some beautiful designs created by Prima.

Thanks for joining me today. Come back next week for some Steampunk inspiration. Happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

8 responses to “Faith Inspired Bible Tote & Card”

1. Valerie Breingan says:

Wow!this is so nice,I love this

2. Marie says:

This is nice. Usually Bible covers are time consuming to make out of any medium. This one appears to be easy and is very pretty!

3. Tina says:

Beautitful –

4. Janie Rinta says:

I love the Bible tote!!! And I love what you did coloring it….BUT….what happens if it get’s wet? Will the colors bleed on to my clothes or other things? Or even if it doesn’t get wet…will the colors rub off onto other things? I just need to be sure before buying the supplies to try this. It looks gorgeous so I hope it is permanent 🙂 Hugs…Janie

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Janie, Good Question! I tried rubbing the color off onto my clothes and had no luck. It seems to stay put! However, I would NOT reactivate the color by allowing it to get wet or it could get onto your clothing. I live in Oregon where it rains ALL OF THE TIME and I will just turn it to the back side (not colored) when I’m walking to the car.

5. Wilma says:

Is the font color resistant?

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Wilma the Psalm font is white and is resistant to the color. I just used a paper towel to wipe off the over sprayed color.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Welcome to Paper Wishes’ Papercraft and Scrapbooking Vlog! Our card making and scrapbooking vlog is the place to visit for inspired project ideas, the latest craft techniques, and the inside scoop on all things Paper Wishes! Visit our card making and scrapbooking vlog to see the latest card designs and scrapbook layouts from the Paper Wishes Design Team, discover new paper craft tools and products, and to learn about upcoming events! Make sure to visit our card making and scrapbooking vlog often so you don’t miss a moment of crafting fun!