Shaker Cards

Hi everyone! Hot Off The Press has new Fantastic Frames & Phrases Dazzles™ Stickers that make fun and easy shaker cards!

I cut and layered my papers from  The Little Things Paper Pack to fit my card front, then cut an Adhesive Foam Sheet to size, creating the two pieces of my card topper.

Then I die cut the layered paper and foam with the Hot Off The Press Shaker Card Cutting Dies.  Tip: Don’t adhere the paper to the adhesive foam side).

After separating the layers, I placed an Acetate Sheet on the adhesive side and smoothed the surface to make sure all of the die cut edges were adhered well to the acetate (otherwise sequins can escape).

Then I realigned the paper with the acetate covered foam and glued it in place.

Then I placed little piles of Denim Blues Sequins on the card front, where the die-cut openings would be and glued the card topper to the card front. To finish, I placed the Fantastic Frames & Phrases Dazzles™ Stickers on the card front, die cut another balloon shape, and foam taped it between the balloon windows.

Here is another example using Ruby Rose Paper Pack, Fantastic Frames & Phrases Dazzles™ Stickers and Ruby Rose Sequins.

For this card I used Twilight Jewels Paper Pack and Ribbon Set, Fantastic Frames & Phrases Dazzles™ Stickers and Mixed Berry Sequins to make a window card using Acetate between the card front and the Dazzles™ sticker.

That’s all for today! Thanks for stopping by for a little dose of inspiration. Happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 responses to “Shaker Cards”

1. Patricia Ladd says:

Adhesive foam is so much easier to use for shaker cards than trying to put foam strips around the openings. Cute cards. I especially like the dazzle stickers on the openings!

2. Marie Mar says:

Lenae: All such beautiful cards and ideas. I’m going to make them all. And thank y ou for keeping your blog going. It must be time consuming!

3. Kim Kucharski says:

What kind of adhesive did you use to adhere the paper to the acetate sheet?

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Kim I used glue stick. Our Paper Wishes cards get handled more than the average card and I find that the glue stick works just fine.
      LeNae

4. Cynthia Stasiewski says:

Thank you once again for the “dose of inspiration”. Spring is right around the corner and these just help me get in the mood!

5. Patt says:

I read your presentation but wish you would have shown where to put the sequins. It was a little confusing as to the sequence of things. I’d like to see a video of this instead.
    Thanks,
    Patt

6. Marie Mar says:

LeNae: I love your blog and this one is especially good with all of the ideas I thought would never stop. I printed it out for my “idea” file. Sometimes we do run out of them 🙂 Thanks for your work on the blog. Marie

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Welcome to Paper Wishes’ Papercraft and Scrapbooking Vlog! Our card making and scrapbooking vlog is the place to visit for inspired project ideas, the latest craft techniques, and the inside scoop on all things Paper Wishes! Visit our card making and scrapbooking vlog to see the latest card designs and scrapbook layouts from the Paper Wishes Design Team, discover new paper craft tools and products, and to learn about upcoming events! Make sure to visit our card making and scrapbooking vlog often so you don’t miss a moment of crafting fun!