National Scrapbooking Day!

Hi everyone! In honor of National Scrapbooking Day & Mother’s Day we are featuring a “Special Woman In Your Life” page contest.

There is your page layout. Our winner will use this as inspiration, making it their own by using Paper Wishes® Products.

Here is my page. I used Buttercup Paper Pack, Scrapbooking Dazzles™ Stickers, Embellishment Bottle and Ribbon Set. And for sparkle I used Rose Gold Triple Finish self adhesive paper behind Dazzles™ rose stickers and die-cut circles.

Be sure to check back next week for the winner! Happy scrapping!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

34 responses to “National Scrapbooking Day!”

1. Carol Jones says:

Yay! Sounds like a fun challenge. Love the layout!

2. Marie Mar says:

Maybe I’m a turtle, but I need more time. Things whirl in my head and then I have to find what I need before I can even start 🙁 Sounds like a fun thing to do, though. Good luck to everyone that enters!

3. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Looks like fun, love the layout.

4. Lee C says:

When is the deadline for posting your page?

5. Earlene Green says:

Here is my entry for the National Scrapbook Day contest. I had two wonderful Mothers, my own, Dolores Leathers and my other Mother , my hubby’s Mom Edna Green. I never thought of her as my Mother in law but as my other Mother. She loved me from the first time Delane brought me home and the feeling was mutual. Both are gone now but they remain guiding forces in my life. Love them and miss them. in this layout I used papers, ribbon, pearls die cuts, stick pin from the Feb 2018 personal shopper kit plus some pink petaloo botanical flowers and a black border strip from the Mother’s day dazzles.

6. PKline says:

Here is my layout for the NSD sketch; background paper is blue sponged, flowers and date rectangle are from Cardmakers instant card art- jewel colors. This is my mom and mother-in-law @ Christmas 2010, I did the layout on Saturday. This is the second time submitting this layout, I don’t see the other one, this photo of my layout is better.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi PKline what a lovely page! I love the use of the overlay too!
      LeNae

• Linda Holt says:

Those are iconic Christmas photos- no one looking at the camera…mismatched colors…these are big challenges for scrapbookers, but you did a nice job with them. Your page is very nice, especially the flowers and color choices.

7. Rhonda Swetlishoff says:

Here’s my entry. I used Mystic Garden paper pack, Artful card kits, I bought these two kits in a bundle so I’m not sure of the names of these kits…I think one of the kits is Roses & Lace. I also used Silver Jewel Dazzles and Silver Border Dazzles. The sticker is atd.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Ronda, such a beautiful page. The colors really pop! Great use embellishments too.
      LeNae

• Linda Holt says:

Rhonda, I love that you made this page with ACK elements. I also love the combination of patterned papers. They are bold and beautiful- just like your Aunt.

8. Linda H says:

Here is my entry entitled:

“I define myself…” page by Linda Holt for PW Blog NSD 2018 Challenge

Comments: I was really impressed that I could combine patterned papers from 2010, 2016, and 2018 and create a unified look. That shows the genius of YOUR art department. I love your patterned papers! The look I was going for was minimal in embellishment, because that is how my daughter strives to live.

Supplies: Bazill cardstock. All others from PW or HOTP –
    Buttercup pp, Roxanne single sided pp from PS 12/16; sherbet floral pp (unknown but definitely PW); Mirri Ombre paper from Hunkydory; Gold Engraved Dazzles #MD35 8711; Gold Petite Dazzles #2054; Brown Zen Leaves Dazzles #2553; Sister Sun Cling Rubber Stamp by Laurel Burch on Canson XL watercolor paper, embossed with Black HOTP Embossing powder and watercolored with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink. The Scalloped border was traced from a template from my stash. The journaling was computer printed onto Graphix Vellum.

9. Linda H says:

“Love Never Fails” – page by Linda Holt for PW Blog NSD 2018 Challenge

Comments: These designer papers are so fun to work with. The colors are surprisingly flattering to skin tones. Both photos had color issues I needed to work around (orange/blue plaid, bold red); I did my best without covering them up.

Supplies: Non PW – EK Success Lavendar card stock; arrow cutting die from Technique Tuesday; Computer Journaling
    PW – Illuminate pp, Die cuts, and Gold Scrapbooking Dazzles; Canson XL Watercolor paper; 9 Tiny Tags and Little Labels Cutting Dies; Want 2 Scrap Rhinestones; Purple Crepe ribbon; Lace Border Die; Gold Petite Dazzles #2054; Ranger Distress Ink; Rooted in Love pp; PW Vellum.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Linda, I see that you list 2 pages: Love Never Fails and I define myself; however I don’t see that you uploaded page photos for either. We won’t be making a decision for another few hours so you have time to submit the photos 10:30 Pacific time. Remember to “Choose File” for attaching an image.
      LeNae

10. LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Linda, if it is one of Hot Off The Press Papers it will have a name and UPC bar code on the back. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
    LeNae

11. Linda H says:

Beautiful Determination… page by Linda Holt for PW Blog NSD 2018 Challenge

Comments: Simplifying to one photo for this gorgeous paper allowed me to let the ornate paper be my decoration. I was able to expand my journaling a little as a result.

Supplies Used: PW -Sparkle & Shine patterned paper; gold Songbird Dazzles; Gold Stacked Diamond & Jewel Border Dazzles; Foiled Fancies Frames; Gold Holographic paper; Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops; Lace Border Die.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Linda, I’m so sorry this is not working for you! The only page that has loaded is Beautiful Determination. So pretty! Keep trying.

12. Linda Holt says:

Still trying to load the photo

• LeNae Gerig says:

I love this page Linda! Very touching too.
      LeNae

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Linda, you are our Paper Wishes Winner! Message me your email address so I can send your gift certificate code. It will expire in June so you might want to take advantage of our 20% off everything sale!
      congratulations!
      LeNae

13. Sam Burnett says:

I love that I can quickly put together a beautiful page using Paper Wishes products.
    For this one, I used one of my favorite paper packs, “Painted Lace”, along with the coordinating Painted Lace Dazzle Stickers and Nuvo Jewel Drops in Pale Periwinkle.
    This is my foster mother, now deceased, and these are the ONLY two pictures I have of her (due to a fire) so I took a bit of liberty with the sketch and turned it on it’s side somewhat because of the picture orientation — but I’m really pleased with how the page turned out, and grateful to Paper Wishes for this contest as it gave me the incentive to do a page that’s been on my list for a long time!

• LeNae Gerig says:

Thanks for the submission Sam. I love your page! Really beautiful and touching.
      LeNae

• Linda Holt says:

Sam, your page is fabulous! Your journaling is such a tribute to your Mum. This is a page you should frame – after scanning it so the rest of your family can enjoy these photos as well. Great way to honor her, preserve those precious photos, and remember a bond so important to you.
        Your page, on that paper, is so artistic.

14. Rhonda Swetlishoff says:

Here is the companion page . I used Mystic Garden paper pack, Floral Fantasy paper pack, Artful card kits, Silver Jewel Dazzles and Tweet Heart Dazzles, computer paper & journaling. I also some chalk to tone down the white. My journaling: Aunt Dorothy was special to me. She was the only daughter of dirt farmers in Saskatchewan. Her three brothers picked on her and knew how to get a rise out of her. She and her Mom were expected to work as hard as the boys from sunrise to sunset. My dear Aunt endured some hardships in her life. The death of her first husband before their first anniversary, an infertility issue, the death of her second husband and the battle of the bulge, the weight won! She was beautiful inside and out and had the biggest heart, she was generous to a fault! She was big-shouldered, sturdy and strong. During her lifetime she wore dress sizes from 18 to Pulus 4. The doctors were still telling her to lose weight at 80 years young! Even though she had a weight issue all of her life she lived independently until 90 years old and passed 8 months after her 90th birthday.

• Linda Holt says:

Rhonda,
      Great companion page. Your Aunt sounds like quite a lady, and you have paid a beautiful tribute to her in your scrapping and your journaling.
      I love the paper choices you made here as well. And I love that you adjusted the sketch to be a companion page.

15. Rhonda Swetlishoff says:

Here’s my entry using the sketch as inspiration. Supplies Illustrator Spectrum noir markers-Portrait, Bohemian Dreams paper pack, Color Me Ebony Feathers, Borders & Tags, Color Me Ebony Fanciful Stripes and buttons from my stash.

16. Linda Holt says:

Rhonda,
    Another fantastic page. I love that the sketch could work so well for portrait photos, and your scale is perfect.
    Bohemian Dreams remains one of my all time favorite paper packs to scrap with! Your pops of pink help to soften the black and white photos nicely.