Distress Oxide Ink Pads

Hi everyone! Have you tried Ranger’s Distress Oxide Ink Pads? I haven’t used them in awhile and after playing with them today I remember why I’m a fan!

If you haven’t tried them, here’s a recap: The inks are a fusion of both pigment and dye ink. What you get is an opaque ink that works great on both light and dark cardstock.

To create my background I used Dried Marigold Distress Oxide Ink and then I added Pine Needles Distress Oxide Ink Pad.

I really like the chalky look of the Distress Oxide Ink and it blends and moves around the paper beautifully.

Next I used the All Over Swirls Stencil and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink to add another layer to my background.

The final step in creating my background was to mist the inked paper from about 12” away. I didn’t want to get it too wet, just enough to “activate” the Oxide and make the ink really pop!

I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad and Stamp A Garden Stamp Set on the Distress Oxide Ink background.

I applied Pine Needles Distress Oxide Ink to one half of some scrap white cardstock and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink to the other half.  I stamped 3 line art butterflies from the Stamp A Garden Stamp Set, cut them out and Foam Taped them to the card for dimension.

One of the great things about Distress Oxide Ink Pads is that they are very opaque and the ink literally sits on top of the cardstic without soaking in. That’s why it works so well on dark cardstock. I stamped this greeting using Dried Marigold Distress Oxide Ink Pad.

Thanks for joining me today. See you next week with Apple Blossom Embossing Folder techniques. Happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

15 responses to “Distress Oxide Ink Pads”

1. Valerie Breingan says:

The background is lovely.

2. Marie Mar says:

Hi LeNae: The inks are interesting and I can see could add to a lot of things. I haven’t done much with them and need to start. I have a lot of it, just sitting. I need to get one of those pouncers! I’ve been meaning to tell you that I also like your new “printer friendly” format. Easy to save the ones to a folder that we want to try. You are doing great with the webisodes, too 🙂 Marie

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Marie, thanks so much for being such a loyal reader. I put a lot of energy into the PW Blog and I’m so happy that people are enjoying it. Thanks again,
      LeNae

3. Carol Jones says:

I too love the Oxide inks! So many pretty colors. I only have about 10 of them but I use them all the time. I’ve been enjoying your blogs for a long while now, thanks LeNae, keep up the great work!

4. Edwina says:

beautiful ,I love this tenecque .I want to thank you for teaching me so much, this year I made 30 xmas cards and sent them . all out everyone loves them.Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.Can’t wait to see what you have for the New Year

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Edwina, WOW! 30 handmade cards it quite an accomplishment, I’m so impressed. I still need to finish mine. Merry Christmas!
      LeNae

5. Colly Jackson says:

I love what you did with the colors. I was just doing that same thing only with three shades of blue for sky on a Christmas card. Thank you for all you inspiring ideas. CJ

6. Rosie says:

Lovely background. Love the webisodes too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

7. Sharon Perehudoff says:

The background is gorgeous, beautiful colours.

8. Norma says:

Love the effect you get with the Distress Oxide Ink Pads. I have just started playing with these ink pads about a month ago. I’m not very proficient with them yet, but trial and error will see me through. Thanks for all the ideas you have given me with your Blogs. Norma

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Norma, I love the ink pads too! I’m discovering new things to do with them all the time. So versatile. Thanks for the kind words.
      LeNae