Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Simply Stencils (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Corner treatment stencil (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=2741)

kittykat 04-15-2012 08:19 PM

Corner treatment stencil

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a card that I made with the corner stencil that was in my March kit. The designer suggested that it be colored with gel pens but since I do not have any of those, I used a make-up sponge and a chalk ink pad. Worked out very nice and it looks just like the gel pen one. The other card was made with the lilly stencil and than embossed with amethyst and emerald green embossing powders. I am making most of my cards for birthdays. I than donate them to Meals on Wheels Plus as they like to give everyone a birthday card on their special day and they don't always have a regular birthday card to use.

Blessings,
Kat

Carol J 04-15-2012 08:49 PM

Nice cards and a nice way to give them away. It is always nice to get a card on your birthday, especially if you are alone as many people on Meals on Wheels are.

pennyd 04-16-2012 06:44 AM

Pretty cards and a great use for them as well! I'm sure your creations bring joy into many people's lives.

Patti Prince 04-16-2012 07:07 AM

Super cards, and a super idea for meals on wheels, all of my cards i have been making are just sitting in a box. i need to find some one to give them to.

pennyd 04-16-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patti Prince (Post 37149)
Super cards, and a super idea for meals on wheels, all of my cards i have been making are just sitting in a box. i need to find some one to give them to.

Patti, meals on wheels sounds like a good one and there is also Operation Write Home (my favorite) and I know of some nursing homes in my area that also use them for the residents to keep in touch with families. Anybody else know of more?

AmzdByHsGrace 04-16-2012 09:38 AM

Beautiful cards Kat!!!!
God bless
Nyoka

Bootsie 04-16-2012 02:20 PM

Your stencilled images look lovely!

SandersNan 04-16-2012 03:05 PM

Glad to hear you support Meals on Wheels- I have a personal interest in that organization now as my mother has benefitted from their services and she would get so excited when they would give her a card, or a special gift. For those of you who may not know a lot about the organization- it is not only for those who need financial assistance, but there is also the option to pay for their services for folks who have the finances but are not able to prepare meals for themselves. We learned this when my mother started having more severe dementia.

Irishlady 04-17-2012 06:50 AM

Meals on Wheels is a great organization. Not sure if its in my area. I'm surprised it has BiG Brother & Big Sister. It seems like this area likes to keep those type of organizations quiet. I like your cards & think you're doing a good deed with them. Judi

supermum 04-18-2012 03:50 AM

Love how the corners turned out, great idea too! There is Meals on Wheels here in Ireland as well, I used to help prepare the meals when I was younger, maybe when my smallies become biggies and I have time again I can get back to helping it's such a great cause. Well done Kat