Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   This Week's Webisode (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   mini Halloween week? (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=5918)

scrapbookingstation 10-04-2017 02:04 AM

mini Halloween week?

lol - kind of like the PShopper mixed media, sneaking another one past me.
Those AI sets are pretty tempting... (Oct 3rd webisode).

bbcmom 10-04-2017 08:09 AM

Yeah...just caught it this morning and I agree with you about the AI products!

LindaH61 10-04-2017 02:52 PM

I am becoming a huge fan of AI stamps. They are red rubber and the impressions of even the finest lines is perfect every time. Very tempting, indeed.

scrapbookingstation 10-06-2017 03:26 AM

just now getting to the last mini week video... pop-ups.

my goodness, they (AI) sure made a very simple mechanism incredibly complicated. Still stewing over that first webisode collection though.

SandersNan 10-06-2017 06:35 AM

I like that Holiday Mansion stamp. You can make it Halloween, Christmas, or add flowers for a Spring SUmmer look.

bbcmom 10-06-2017 08:12 AM

I thought the same thing when I saw the third webisode. It looked too complicated for me to bother with it. I did like the idea of adding the extra extender to the pop up part of the card though. Thinking of trying it.

scotroots 10-06-2017 10:00 AM

so Lee, do you have an EASIER assembly to tell us about?!!!!

scrapbookingstation 10-06-2017 10:55 AM

oh my, yes. The slits (although I have nice border dies that will make that decorative as well) in the spine is a given along with the extender (if needed) The pop up pieces are basically decoupage, use your foam squares/foam to build the 'scene' then attach to the extender, on the layer that works (I'd have no problem with a layer behind the extender level. Just don't stick/attach your decoupage assembly to the card base (needs to be able to 'swing'). Bang, boom, bam.

totally agree with you Nancy. Can see a lot of versatility with the house, shutters, door (especially like that they have the built in 'hinged' piece). I think we're talking about the same set -I'm still looking at the first day's die set.

scrapbookingstation 10-07-2017 07:53 AM

4 Attachment(s)
as it happens, I have 3 sheets of this particular topper set and no background/AS. (HD had printed 2 in the wrong foil color). I expect that some of it has been miss-filed and I keep hoping to run across them someday.

anyhoot, great way to use those extra decoupage elements. Instead of just an extender - I made a U-Clip (first photo top). depth of your 'U' is the same as the slits in your card base. If I had to do it again, I'd make a 1/4- 3/8" depth (instead of 1/2" as they suggest) and keep using the thin PW foam squares throughout. My back element has a thicker foam - which keeps the closed card 'chunky'. always a trade-off.

My finished card will absolutely require a belly band.

Carol J 10-07-2017 08:54 AM

Amazing as always Lee.