Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Techniques and Ideas (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Structures & Styles - 2 piece stepper (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=6298)

scrapbookingstation 07-23-2018 06:54 AM

Structures & Styles - 2 piece stepper

5 Attachment(s)
Saw this on TV yesterday. It would never have occurred to me to create a stepper base card in two pieces.

1) - structure is MUCH more sturdy (I've used 110#/100# cstk for my sample which I would never do with a standard stepper card
2) - MUCH easier to panel/decorate
3) - don't have to commit to where to place your focus (teepee) until after you've decorated.... MUCH more versatile
4) - interior is a simple rectangle - also MUCH easier to finish off.

For my finished 6 x 4 sample card.
stepper (8x6) scored at 3,6 and 7
tee pee (8x3) scored at 4 - in the finished piece I subbed in red base card - because I can. ahahahaha.

tee pee attaches to stepper base on front (first step) and back.

challenge is to create a 2 piece stepper (center, side or anywhere in between). Use something from PW in your greeting.

scrapbookingstation 07-23-2018 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think I'll ever go back to the old way of cutting a stepper, also wanted to give credit to Debbie Moore (she was the one demo'ing this structure) and here was her partially finished piece....

......(and I think yo'all are realizing this) no more having to cut slits into the base card and figuring out where to put all those odd ball score lines to make it lay completely flat, which it almost never does. stepper blanks and having to cover them? yuk. try it, you'll like it, is all I can say.

SamB 07-23-2018 07:46 AM

wow - can't believe none of us ever thought to do this! So glad you ran across this and shared it Lee! Thank you!!

bbcmom 07-23-2018 08:00 AM

That's terrific Lee! Thanks for sharing!

Bootsie 07-23-2018 08:14 AM

Thanks Lee. Steppers are one of my favs!

LindaH61 07-23-2018 08:38 AM

I needed to see this Saturday when I was intending to make a birthday card for my Mom but didn't have a stepper base ready and decided to use a stash card. Thanks Lee. Great find/share.

scotroots 07-23-2018 10:05 AM

Love this Lee ! thanks for sharing, am all for anything EASIER ! LOL

bbcmom 07-23-2018 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So, I tried it and I liked it. Did make my center bigger but that's the great thing about this one....it's flexible for your needs.
PW - Fresh Cut PP and Tag & Labels, Sunshine & Rainbows dazzles
Other - Gel Pens, AE Little Girl stamps and dies

scrapbookingstation 07-23-2018 01:11 PM

that is the thing, Daria. Looks grrrr - eat! For someone who is not fond of coloring, your little girl is wonderfully done.

Rosie 07-23-2018 01:52 PM

www.card-making-magic.com/steppercard.html This is a site that i use to go to for inspiration and she has a easy side step card that i use to make ages ago.