Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Papercrafting Chat (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Current Pet Peeves (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=6299)

pennyd 07-23-2018 01:47 PM

Current Pet Peeves

And I'm not even talking about what's going on with PW. The 50% off is nice!

1. The mess up with the refills with my pink tape gun. I've had mine forever and love it. Lately though, the refills have the glue on the wrong side! Heather told me about a YouTube video on how to fix it, but I don't want to fix it, I want it to stop! I can't track down anyone in the company either, their Facebook page has been inactive forever and when I called the main company they were clueless. Anyone else having this problem?

2. My Sizzix magnetic platform. It has a mind of its own. I put paper and the die down and the die jumps around. I end up using tape to keep things in place sometimes. What's the point?

Anyone else have crafting pet peeves lately?:mad:

Carol J 07-23-2018 02:02 PM

I've only had the tape problem once - and I'm not sure if it was the tape or me because I finally got it to work correctly.

The magnetic platform - oh yeah, have that problem ALL the time, it drives me crazy !! I can't seem to figure out why it does that; now that I know it happens to others I won't try to figure it out, I'll just be frustrated!!

My other one is sequins - they attach themselves to me with such vigor you would think that I had used glue rather than it being static electricity. When I try to put them back in their container they just fight! LOL

SamB 07-23-2018 03:50 PM

I don't use the pink tape gun so no issues there -- the magnetic platform issue though has to do with how it is magnetized...so it'll always slightly "pull" your die to line up with the magnet grid hidden inside...I always use a bit of tape anyway when I use mine.

And sequins...argggh! I shudder to think how many of those teensy tiny ones are on my floor that I can't see as they seem to go everywhere every time.

scotroots 07-23-2018 05:08 PM

My Fiskars paper cutter blades dont last long before getting dull, drives me crazy, I have more dull blades around here, I keep a container of old ones to use when cutting plastic, or cardboard etc. and I dont trim photos with them as I have read that photo paper will dull them..

also, user error but I always forget to use that powder thingy before heat embossing and end up with messy areas around, sometime try to brush off first. Sometimes is OK if going for a distressed, vintage look anyways LOL !

bbcmom 07-23-2018 05:27 PM

I use the pink tape think sparingly because the price of the refill tape has sky rocketed since the last time I bought some. Never had a problem with it being wound backwards but it doesn't stick to some papers and I end up with a wad of glue inside the tape runner. That is frustrating.

Every since we got a new router I have to shut my printer off every time I want to scan something because it looses it's IP address. DH has tried giving it a static IP address and it works for a little while but then it quits. No rhyme or reason why or when it does it.

I bought a Cricket paper trimmer on someones recommendation because they said the blades last much longer than the Fiskar. I had the trimmer for 3 months and replaced 4 blades. Not sure if it was user error but they didn't even last as long as my Fiskar trimmer.

I have the same issue with the magnetic plate but I just move my paper around until the die sits exactly where I want it on the paper.

LindaH61 07-23-2018 09:06 PM

Adhesive in general seems to be trouble for me. The other is losing the stuff I am working on...

But I don't have a magnetic platform- wish I did for Spellbinder, but they have moved on and I am not ready to. Don't use the pink tape runner... But still manage to have the tape stick to my dispenser more than my paper- and blades definitely do not last long enough. Plus some of them don't extend far enough from the housing which slows me down a bit.

Daria- same issue with printer and I ended up having to use my cable - now it just doesn't print well enough to bother with.

scrapbookingstation 07-24-2018 06:36 AM

love my mag platform - like Dee I use the hot spots. can't abide taping dies down.

nibs is still my biggest peeve - too many and not logistically placed for the crafter (on the concave of a curve for instance).

Rosie 07-24-2018 08:27 AM

I have had a problem with my tape runner(the little blue ones) pulling up my watercolor paper when applied...... I have a Martha Stewert cuter and her scoring board for sometime and like them, just have trouble finding blades. Did find some at Pat Catan so bought extra's. Tried buying a new one by Memory Maker(i think that is their name) had to take it back because it would bend in the middle when cutting papers(not really a fan of their products).

pennyd 07-26-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbookingstation (Post 100152)
love my mag platform - like Dee I use the hot spots. can't abide taping dies down.

nibs is still my biggest peeve - too many and not logistically placed for the crafter (on the concave of a curve for instance).

NIBS! I hate those buggers too! I'm glad most companies don't sell their things still attached (Kaisercraft). I'm bypassing things I have to skip now. Just not worth it!

PJmeemaw 08-08-2018 08:54 AM

Royal blue paper

Does anyone know of any PW paper that has ROYAL blue in it (others than the one that goes with shooting stars paper tole)?? Thanks