Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Pay It Forward / Pass It On ! (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Are You Ready to Play? (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=5734)

LindaH61 07-09-2017 03:35 AM

Are You Ready to Play?

Coming soon to this thread... A challenge, and RAK in one! Oh, YES, we did say that! Stay tuned... The Gremlins (I mean Elves) are working feverishly to prepare...
Brought to you by Linda and Lee in collaboration with the SwapsTeam...

scrapbookingstation 07-10-2017 03:47 AM

Not sure I deserve equal billing - do I need to prep/help you with something else, Linda?

LindaH61 07-12-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbookingstation (Post 89600)
Not sure I deserve equal billing - do I need to prep/help you with something else, Linda?

Nope - you are good. If you follow the thread, you will know exactly what to do - I think we are on the "same page" so to speak.
Thanks!

LindaH61 07-12-2017 08:56 PM

July 15 to August 31 RAK ACTIVITY/CHALLENGE

Hi Friends – ready for something new?
Lee and I, with encouragement from the Swaps Team, have a brand new activity for you. Your first clue is that it is being posted in the Random Acts of Kindness Thread, so you know there is something RAK involved. The second clue is Lee is involved – that means there is some sort of technique, structure or template involved… and I am all about simplifying and maximizing our crafting time to meet goals.

Ever hear of the One Sheet Wonder? This is a method that uses One Sheet of Patterned Paper, coordinating solid card stock and pre-made card bases to make a bunch of cards at once. The patterned paper can be custom stamped, or can be a background technique, or can be from your stash. It can be Letter sized, 12x12, or HD Adorable Scorable – the choice is yours. I will link here to a short video that shows the basic idea and process. There are as many templates as there are bloggers, so don’t get hung up on a particular template. Watch the video, understand the idea and the process, then come back and finish reading our posts.

The Activity is both a challenge, and a swap while also doing an RAK for someone on this message board. What is the challenge? Use one of ours, or make or download your own template of a One Sheet Wonder to make a batch of cards with one sheet of patterned paper, post a photo of your template including the dimensions of the original sheet, and a photo of your card stash; then select one card to send to a Message Board member of your choice. Deadline to post and mail cards is AUGUST 31, so you have PLENTY of time!

In the next several posts Lee and I will post our templates and samples, so keep reading, and check back often to see what is happening. PLEASE REPLY IN THIS THREAD whether you want to participate- we really hope this will appeal to a wide audience! This is a great way to jump start creativity, begin Christmas cards, use those extra pieces/parts on your desk, and build up a stash of cards.

Come Play with Us!

LindaH61 07-12-2017 09:23 PM

12x12 Template A to make 11-13 cards

3 Attachment(s)
This One Sheet Wonder template makes 11-13 cards, and if you use two sided patterned paper, and a few more scraps, you can get a lot of variation in your designs.

I will post my template and examples today. Sunday I will post explicit cutting directions to use this template, and answer any questions that have popped up.

You do not need to draw a template, it is for illustrative purposes, so you can see measurements. Then you can see one way to use the various pieces cut.

Supplies: My card bases are white card stock 8 1/2' x 5 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4" for final size of A2 (4.25"x5.5"). My patterned paper is from Romantique by PW, and my coordinating cs is pink. I made 11 cards, and added toppers from among my leftover bits and pieces, as well as some die cuts from A Little Bird and Butterfly Garden card kits from PW. I also used various dazzles.

scrapbookingstation 07-13-2017 12:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This template creates (6) 5 1/2" x 4" panels (coincidence that this is very nearly the size of a sheet from an HD little book?....a large topper? - I think not) I've chosen a paper from the Mystic Garden paper pack - double sided, doubles the options!

Punch line first (the 2 niblets in the last photo are all that is left from the 12x12):

scrapbookingstation 07-13-2017 12:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There have been several comments re mat and layer/departing from HD inspiration designs - how do you do it? What a wonderful exercise to work those muscles. These finished cards are all 6 1/2" x 5".... bing - If you don't add mats - your card will look pretty blank. bing - using 1/6th a sheet of pattern paper to test different designs for a panel - no pressure! save them in your bag of tricks when looking at a large topper/a little book page/a section of adorable scorable. "Panel" in all cases refers to the 5 1/2 x 4 piece of paper from the 12x12. Only 1 panel is used for each card...

Card 1: Simple panel on a mat and layer with oval focal... Gut the panel (using an oval cutting die) behind the focal to use on the interior. Note: the black frame used on the interior is the outie from the black oval used to mat the focal.... waste not, want not.

scrapbookingstation 07-13-2017 12:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Card 2: Shadow box front - (beginning my divide and conquer strategy). cut panel for the frame (top) and strip (bottom). Save inner frame to use on the interior.

scrapbookingstation 07-13-2017 12:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Card 3: Divide panel into 6 pieces.. my template allowed for a 'left over' 12 x 1" strip. I've used a portion of that for the interior of this card.

scrapbookingstation 07-13-2017 01:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Card 4: Cut away - divide panel for front and strip on the interior (using the other side of the panel for these 2nd three cards)....