paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > SWAPS & CHALLENGES > Swap Team Madness

Old 11-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 2,811 Times in 2,012 Posts
Default Marathon Winners and Prizes

Congratulations Lee and Heather

Lee that is quite an accomplishment, you were one busy lady! Heather, I can see why you won the popular vote! Actually, everyone did amazing work. Seems you all liked the longer marathon time. We will have to consider making this an annual event.

I have a prize for each of these industrious ladies. Lee, I will let you pick from the 2 and the other will go to Heather. They are hard to see, so I'll describe them for you.

The first one is "a documented life" by teresa collins. It is a 7x13 tab file chipboard cover book designed for you to tell your story. Includes papers, Owire, die-cut card, quotes, etc. with instruction sheet.

the second kit is a Junk in the Trunk Dream Book by Donna Salazar. Includes papers, corrugated board, a smooch spritz, Owire, etc. Everything you need to make a personalized altered art book of your dreams.

Lee, please post here which you would like and I will get them out in the mail as soon as I can.

I posted a personal update here, #11.

This thread is for our prize winners!

Congratulations again to Lee and Heather!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1434.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	12078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1435.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	12079  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (11-16-2016), SamB (11-16-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 01:01 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 3,033 Times in 2,210 Posts

omg - thank you.
7x13 sounds intriguing, so I'll choose the first one, Penny.

I'd like to add, since I just left a scathing review of PS dazzles, that I'm so grateful to have found this message board and all the incredibly beautiful designs that yo'all have posted, the wonderful swaps and challenges, tips and tricks, help with products/reviews/what works for you... I could go on and on - but it comes down to being inspired to do more, do different, CASE many, many things that are shared here.

you guys are grrrrreat!!

Last edited by scrapbookingstation; 11-17-2016 at 06:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrapbookingstation For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (11-17-2016), SamB (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,522 Posts

Wow....Thank You Penny !! I am quite tickled to receive the Junk in the Trunk kit, sounds like a lot of fun to me...as I love interesting old 'junk'! I really enjoyed this marathon, its great to share our great passion here with such special ladies, I have learned so much ! Thanks for the votes and am glad you enjoyed my album as I enjoyed browsing all yours... you all have much to showcase!
Old 11-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 2,811 Times in 2,012 Posts

They will actually go out today as a friend is taking me to lunch, errands and the doctor just my usual check.

A scathing review, Lee? Do tell? Please?
Old 11-18-2016, 02:22 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 3,033 Times in 2,210 Posts

spewed on another thread - but it's all about the PS Dazzles November materials and designs - easier to copy then link:
All the PS Dazzle redesigns are still in my head.. mentioned elsewhere, but worth talking about again, I think - since the kit materials are not discounted, so I at least have a few expectations each month (get worked up every time I look at our designs/paper choices for November):
1) seemingly random placement of dazzles 4/5 projects, the 5th (Real Gem) - basic block.
2) the beautiful, I think, focus paper from Painted Lace - not used to any advantage in design. Not sure about the rest of you, but there are card structures and design elements that can highlight and take advantage of those borders and corners.
3) and probably why I am most disappointed with the collection - they (PW) have HUNDREDS of papers to choose from. Jingle Bell rock dazzles with those 2 papers (that are not used elsewhere) - just awful, same is true with the Coffee dazzles paired up with the yellow/orange painted LACE paper.

6 papers which you would hope coordinate/compliment the dazzles and some designs that take advantage of both.... and I've left the sb page alone... omg - how uninspiring!? - at least 'lovely in lace' has not been scattered across the page.

I was going to wait to do the 'new designs' before commenting to Paulette - but summed it up for her anyway just now.

"she did reply back..yadda yadda, can only hope they spend a little more effort on the link from:
Dazzle -> Paper -> Design in future kits.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,522 Posts

I received my boxed kit in the mail today and am thrilled with this kit ! Right up my alley as they say!! It will be my winter project , has very explicit instructions, should be able to follow these even when foggy headed and no mojo, the papers are awesome. I have never gone an album kit before, is looking like fun ! Thanks Again Penny !!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Paper Addict

Thanked 1,141 Times in 942 Posts

Congratulations Heather and Lee. Great job.

A hug is a great gift...one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange.

Tags
marathon