paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > Personal Shopper > Premiere Cutting Dies

Old 02-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Webisode Watcher

FISKARS FUSE - I found this worked the FIRST TIME with ONE PASS using the adapter kit designed for this purpose
Base plate, Shim A, the die (s), rubber mat, cutting plate. I tried combos with and without the rubber mat - it IS the difference to a single pass. Will try one of my medium pads with the Cuddlebug this weekend and see if it helps with that machine, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanditiger For This Useful Post:
fabyon (02-20-2013), pennyd (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanditiger View Post
FISKARS FUSE - I found this worked the FIRST TIME with ONE PASS using the adapter kit designed for this purpose
Base plate, Shim A, the die (s), rubber mat, cutting plate. I tried combos with and without the rubber mat - it IS the difference to a single pass. Will try one of my medium pads with the Cuddlebug this weekend and see if it helps with that machine, too.
Thank you, I've amended my first post with your findings !
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Webisode Watcher

Send a message via Yahoo to RuthieJo

Ok, I use the Big Shot. I had to add a shim of three sheets of printer paper folded in half, along with my regular sandwich and I still had problems. I tried a piece of cardboard from
a box, as an extra shim (before I used the printer paper), but that was to thick.

I did use a single layer of heavy duty aluminum foil instead of wax paper and it works great, it added that extra bit of shim that was needed over and above the printer paper. I found that putting the aluminum foil directly over the die (cutting face up), then the paper and the top sandwich and run thru the Big Shot, makes the paper easier to remove from the dies and if you're careful removing the aluminum foil, you have another pretty what every you're cutting out. Haven't tried gluing aluminum foil to a card yet, but I do know I've glued aluminum foil to paper before and it stuck.

I tried the wax paper today, with the lattice die and it didn't work at all.

Using the wax paper with the flower dies, didn't make them release from the die any easier and the wax paper stuck to the paper I was cutting and I had a heck of a time
getting the wax paper lose. Another thing too, I'm sight impaired and had to take the paper out into the sunlight to see the wax paper to remove it. In the sunlight the wax paper is shiny.

To get the paper lose from the lattice die, I first took a very tiny and very flat screw driver pushed out all of the innies lose and then lifted one of the really long pointy ends of the paper up and then gently pulled the paper off the die. I was able to flatten the pointy end out again with my fingernail, so it wasn't messed up.

Except for the flower dies, the others are too deep set for me to get the paper out easy.
fabyon (04-24-2013), KarenH (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Paper Addict

Thanked 1,141 Times in 942 Posts

RuthieJo, I find a paper piercer run under the paper helps release the paper from the die in most cases. I've used waxed paper but not foil. Thanks for the tip...will give that one a try.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Webisode Watcher

Send a message via Yahoo to RuthieJo

Karen, I tried the paper piercer, but the tiny flat screwdriver seemed to work better for me.

But I just got to thinking I bet the little retractable knife that Ann loves would work just as well.

The aluminum foil is thicker than the wax paper and I found that I was able to get the paper out of the flower dies much better.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,464 Posts

I have access to a Big Shot and own a grand calibur. I will try again to get the sandwiches right, so far no luck with any except the circles, but I haven't tried the replacements with the foam on them. How can I get back to this forum? I got here through the personal shopper threads- not even sur of the right terminology. Oh well, you will get my drift.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,464 Posts
Default Cheryl's Grand Calibur Sandwiches DO work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH61 View Post
I have access to a Big Shot and own a grand calibur. I will try again to get the sandwiches right, so far no luck with any except the circles, but I haven't tried the replacements with the foam on them. How can I get back to this forum? I got here through the personal shopper threads- not even sur of the right terminology. Oh well, you will get my drift.
I have been able to get all of the PW PS Cutting Dies to work in my Grand Calibur using Cheryl's sandwiches and following the instructions on the Paper Artist die packaging (ie run through, turn and run through again). There is one Bodacious bloom, and 2 Lacey Rectangle Frames I cannot get a satisfactory result with no matter what I do, but I can use them on a Big Shot and make them work. I LOVE the foam in the dies - that is a major improvement, along with making the cutting edges deeper. Keep up the good work PW!
The Following User Says Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
fabyon (08-19-2013)
Old 06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Webisode Watcher

Default Sandwich recipes

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Fab for this. I have a cuttlebug and was playing with it with the new bodacious blooms die and I wasted scrap paper and good paper and was about to give up and I remembered that PW has a message and found this thread! What a lifesaver! Now, that my husband is home and have to reheat supper I am bummed but at least I got to make two blooms and I shall continue another day. Thanks again you are a lifesaver!