paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Other Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 08-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Webisode Watcher

WOW congrats on losing so much weight. I was doing good with trying to lose 60lbs before turing 60 got to 40 and it took a little but was so happy then started to gain it back after having eye problems.......i'm a stress eater,but just starting to get myself back on track to eat less and move more when the arthritis lets me lol. But hearing you talk makes me want to try harder and the fact that i am now borderline diabetic, which i never had a problem with before. Still have the eye problem and get shots in it but hey i can see what i am doing when making cards so it is allllll good,lol.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Swaps Organizer

Believe me I know it's hard Rosie. I still have arthritis problems. All those years carrying that much weight just killed my knees. I have had one knee replacement and need to get the other one done. I'm thinking some time after first of the year. I don't look forward to not being able to drive for almost 2 months! Things are so much better for me now. I was on oxygen - not any more. I was diabetic and now no longer am taking any kind of diabetes medicine, also not taking gout medicine, or the daily aspirin. I still take blood pressure medicine, but nearly a fourth of what I needed before. I had a chronic cough, which is now gone. I had terrible leg cramps at night - so bad that I would sometimes miss work because I hadn't slept in three days. I also had problems with incontinence which is now gone. So many things! Not to mention my general health. I was prone to respiratory illness and was always petrified of being close to someone who had a cold because whenever I got sick, it was never just a cold- it would always turn into pneumonia. So hang in there! It is extremely hard. Weight loss surgery sure helps, but it is a lifelong battle. The payoff is nothing short of life-changing, though!
Nancy my blog:
Old 09-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Your story is truly amazing! Congratulations for making it to Onderland! And honestly, yes, I did think it might take a full year to lose the weight. But so happy for you to have reached another goal.
I received your GOODie package, and it was stuffed full! Thank you!
I am still cheering for you, because as you point out it is a lifelong battle. You are a hero for sharing your story and allowing us to participate in your journey!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child