paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > COME PLAY WITH US! - GETTING STARTED > Birthday List

Old 08-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 3,321 Times in 2,049 Posts
Arrow Celebrating birthdays on the Paper Wishes message board

Dear members: As you know, the swaps team has been trying to figure out how to set up a birthday club after the current one ends this month.

After much discussion, and with your input (which was all in favor of a month-to-month format versus a longer commitment), here's what we've decided:

We plan to post at the beginning of each month the names and birth dates being celebrated the following month, for those who sign up to participate.
Then, any board member who want to send birthday greetings can just post a greeting, or they can make and send a card.

To be included on the monthly birthday posting, YOU MUST SEND A PM TO SWAPS ALBUMS telling us you want to participate and providing your birth date and your mailing name and address. We will provide your mailing name and address ONLY to PW members who later PM Swaps Albums stating they wish to send you a birthday greeting. THIS MEANS if you send Swaps Albums your birth date (year not required ) & mailing address info, you agree it is ok for us to (a) post your board name and birth date and (b) provide it ONLY TO PW message board members who request it by PM to Swaps Albums for the purpose of sending you a birthday greeting.

We thought this way the element of getting an unexpected birthday card in the mail from a PW friend would be retained, yet still protect this private information from being posted anywhere. And, it will not require a long-term commitment from anyone.

Letting us know your birthday means only that you're guaranteed to be on the list of birthdays being celebrated for that month. Getting shout-outs and birthday cards will be an added perk, but of course, not guaranteed!!

As we'd like to get the September birthdays posted asap, to give those who do want to make birthday cards time to make them, if you have a September birthday please take special notice of this and immediately let SWAPS ALBUMS know with a PM message that you'd like to participate.

If you have birthdays in other months, you can sign up right away for any month, or up until the 25th of each month for a birthday 2 months after that. .... (for example, sign up not later than August 25th to be included in the OCTOBER birthday list we will post on September 1, or sign up by September 25th to be included in the NOVEMBER birthday list which would be posted October 1). We'll post a reminder near the sign-up deadline each month.

PLEASE put "BIRTHDAY" in your subject line.

As always, please remember to use primarily PW products when creating a birthday greeting for a PW friend.

Members receiving cards should post their thank you and pictures of their cards on the post listing the names for the month.

We hope there is lots of participation and that you all like this no-commitment required birthday procedure!

Last edited by Swaps Albums; 08-21-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Webisode Watcher

I think this is an excellent way to do it! Thanks Sam

My Crafty blog: http://craftyimaginingsbyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 08-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Sam you're a genius !
Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Paper Addict

A really great way to keep everyone included, well done on the idea guys!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

I LOVE this idea!! I can't always participate on a regular basis so this will work great for me!! Great work Sam!!!
God bless
Nyoka
Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Webisode Watcher

Sound really good,just i didn't know about the birthday club and my birthday is the 21st of this month. Good thinkin'!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 3,321 Times in 2,049 Posts

TNVOL, the current birthday club winds up in August, but it was started LAST year...so sign up now and you'll be on the list for your next birthday for sure! I know you're gonna have so much fun you'll still be playing here with us next year too!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Webisode Watcher

Gnarly!!!

I'll try to do it!

Thanx,

-Elle