paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > COME PLAY WITH US! - GETTING STARTED > General Swap Info & Getting Started

Old 05-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 2,715 Times in 1,979 Posts
Arrow Who is the swaps team and what do they do?

We have come to realize there might be some confusion about the term "swaps team" and all the activities on the board.

First off - who are we?

Sam Burnett or SamB is the Swaps Team Organizer and acts as the liaison with PW
Nancy Sanders or SandersNan is a Swaps Team Member
Penny Douphinett or PennyD is a Swaps Team Member

When the board first started, the swaps team did nothing but swaps, hence our name! However, along the way we started doing many more things.

Your friendly swaps team members and me also do: Weekly challenges, Swaps Team Madness, host National Scrapbooking Day and World Cardmaking Day activities and other assorted activities we come up with to keep the board interesting and fun.

Sam does the Week 1, Week 2 and if needed Week 5 Challenges
Nancy does the Week 3 Challenge
Penny does the Week 4 Challenge

Sam is the one who comes up with the Just For Fun posts with all the questions too. If you notice, she almost never puts her answers though!

We try to keep track of your requests and incorporate them into our challenges as Nancy did through the first part of the year with her Week 3 challenges of shaped and quilting type cards. I also tried to do it this month in response to a request for different ways to use dies for Week 4. As well as earlier this year did a challenge in response to a request from Daria.

I think I hit on all that we do. If you would like us to explain our roles more, don't hesitate to ask. We are simply 3 volunteers who love this forum and the folks here. We all have donated prizes for various contests we have done and do it for the joy of papercrafting.. We are not experts!

If there are things you would like us to explore in a challenge, please let us know! You can reply here or send us a PM, we'd love to get some ideas!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
AmyT (07-01-2016), bbcmom (05-28-2016), Bootsie (05-29-2016), Carol J (05-28-2016), LindaH61 (05-29-2016), live4paper (05-29-2016), scotroots (05-28-2016), scrapbookingstation (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,976 Posts

PS - I would have never seen this, until yo'all clued me into the "new posts" button in the top blue bar... loving that feature to focus on what's happening across the message board.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,978 Posts

Thanks Penny for posting...should also add that none of us are compensated by PW in any way so when we post to use PW products in various activities that is in recognition that PW has made this forum available, so we feel the MB activities should feature and/or use items they sell. Paulette also quite generously provides us with the monthly gift certificates and always give us extra gift certificates to use for WCD and NSD games. So when someone posts about a product they like we always try to provide a link where it can be purchased at PW...and if they don't carry it, please post it to the thread about thngs we wish PW would carry...while PW staff doesn't have time to post a lot here, they do see those posts!!!

Also guess we should mention we help as we can with removing spam posts and posters, to keep this board free of that kind of nonsense!

AND...we are always open to suggestions for things you'd like to see or try. We try to maintain a balance as we have members with lots of experience in papercrafting and some just starting out but we want everyone to have fun and be able to improve their skills too!!
bbcmom (05-29-2016), Bootsie (05-29-2016), Carol J (05-29-2016), LindaH61 (05-30-2016), pennyd (05-29-2016), scotroots (05-30-2016), scrapbookingstation (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 04:01 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 3,296 Times in 2,439 Posts

Whew... I am tired just reading about what you all do! And I knew all that stuff... Thank you again!

We need a special icon for SwPs Team members- like little super hero characters... Fighting for truth, justice, and perfectly straight lines ! Or something equally goofy.

"Laughter is an instant vacation". Milton Berle
Old 05-30-2016, 07:06 AM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 2,715 Times in 1,979 Posts

Thanks, Linda, but our lines, or at least mine, would look more like this:

___--- ____
___- ____
___

You get the picture...

We don't do everything at once and with the 3 of us it works out nicely.
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (05-30-2016)

Tags
swap team