paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > LET'S TALK ABOUT IT! > Cardmaking Chat

Old 08-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Webisode Watcher

Default Newbie here

Hi, newbie here, to this forum and to card making. I started up by trying to make some bookplate stickers, but while I was looking for stamps I ran across some card making videos on Youtube and was fascinated--I never knew there were so many ways to handcraft cards! And the best thing is that you don't have to draw yourself I used to do cross-stitch, but my eyes are not what they used to be and it's getting harder to read the charts, so I thought it's time for me to pick up a new hobby Right now I'm in the slow process of building up my supplies, and hopefully I'll have enough by Christmas time so I can make some for my friends and family
Old 08-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Master Crafter

Thanked 5,736 Times in 4,743 Posts

Hi Theresa. Nice that you have joined us here. As a card maker I want to let you know that it is fun making cards and just learning so many new things.

I craft so hard I sweat glitter!
Old 08-18-2018, 03:32 PM
Paper Addict

Hi Theresa,
I used to do a little cross stitch as well. I think you'll find that card making is a really fun
and fulfilling hobby.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:04 AM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 3,321 Times in 2,049 Posts

Hi Theresa, welcome. Wanted to let you know Paper Wishes has told us this board will be closed in the next few months; most of us have moved to a new forum and we'd love for you to join us. Come to paperwishers.freeforums.net !
Old 08-25-2018, 05:46 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 1,096 Times in 932 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

Welcome, Theresa! Please join us on the new forum. I jump back and forth between the two. I've been making cards for quite some time now and love it. Its fun to watch your card go from a blank card base to some thing special. Judi
Old 09-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Webisode Watcher

Hi Theresa, welcome. Although I am not on here a lot (and I just sent notice to join the new message board, thank you ladies for the heads up), I have been making cards for probably 30+ years. Started out with needlepunch, then tried some counted cross stitch (took too long, and too detailed), and in 1993 discovered the fine art of rubber stamped cards. I have been doing them ever since, adding electronic die cutting machines in the mix. Just remember, when watching someone make a card on you tube, you don't have to purchase all the items they are using. You will definitely need some supplies, but ALL are not necessary - don't overwhelm yourself with supplies. Just take your time and enjoy your creations ! Mac

Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely,
BUT... to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand and screaming WOOHOO..WHAT A RIDE !!
Old 09-13-2018, 04:35 AM
Webisode Watcher

You have such a rich history with cardmaking, Craftymac. I hope I can learn a thing or two from you in the future. Also, hello to the community from me as well.