|Citrus Bracelet — By: LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: To increase the diameter of the beads, trace and cut 2 identical bead shapes. Layer the papers and glue together at the widest point to secure. Roll together as one to make a bead twice the size of a normal paper bead.
- Bead Maker Template (link)
- Citrus Papers (link)
- Diamond Glaze (link)
- Round wood toothpick
- Small paint brush
- Foam block for drying
- 1mm yellow cotton cord
- Medium size yellow button
- Lime green and light blue 11/0 glass seed beads
- Glue stick (link)
Make the following beads using 2 bead paper strips for each:
From green dot paper: 3 oval beads
From orange swirl paper 15 oval beads
From blue dot paper: 3 oval beads
From vertical striped paper: 5 circle beads
- Cut three 18” lengths of yellow cotton cord.
- On strand #1 thread 3 green seed beads, 1 orange oval, 3 green seed, 1 circle stripe, 3 green seed, and one blue oval. Repeat pattern for a total of 3 times, ending with 3 green seed beads.
- On strand #2 thread 3 blue seed beads, 1 orange oval, 3 blue seeds, 1 green oval, 3 blue seeds, 1 striped circle. Repeat pattern for a total of 3 times, ending with 3 blue seed beads.
- On strand #3 thread 3 blue seed beads and 1 orange oval. Repeat for a total of 8 times, ending with 3 blue seed beads.
- When the 3 strands are complete, hold the yellow cord ends together. At one end tie a 3 strand loop and slide very close to the seed bead ends. On the opposite end tie an overhand knot with all 3 strands and slide the knot very close to the seed bead ends. Thread one of the cord strands though the button and tie a knot at the back of the button. Trim the other cord lengths to 1/8” long. Add a small amount of diamond glaze to each knot to secure it.