Joy pop up card with tree
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Pop Up Card Set or you can order them separately.
"Joy" pop up card with tree
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When gluing the green layers over the burgundy tree layers, trim any burgundy paper that does not match up with the green.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 3-D Pop Up Christmas Cards Template
- Christmas 8"x8" Papers
- Large Silver Pearls
- Christmas Creative Kit
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Place the card fold at the side. Cover the card front with burgundy striped paper. Cut the dot border from the green border paper and glue to the bottom of the card. Glue "Merry & Bright" at the bottom right edge.
- Cut a 3 1/2" wide strip of green paper and mat the long edges with ivory paper. Glue to the card front, 1/2" from the top of the card. Trim the paper even with the card edges. Trace the "Joy" from the pop up onto burgundy stripe and dot papers. Mat with either ivory or burgundy papers. Secure a small ivory flower to the bottom of the "Y" using a silver mini brad. Glue and foam tape to the green border. Adhere a row of 4 silver pearls on the "J."
- Inside the card: Fold a 7 1/2" x 6 1/2" burgundy paper in half and trace the Christmas Tree pop up according to the template instructions and make cuts. Trace the tree layers onto green striped paper and the star onto ivory. Cut out the layers and star and glue to the pop up layers. Glue the burgundy background into the card inside.
- Glue dot a border on the right and left edges and glue the "Christmas" cut-out to the upper left. Adhere silver pearls on the tree and star.