Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Holographic Collection or you can order them separately.
Let it snow!
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I paper-pieced the color portions of the snowmen and mittens by backing them with holographic cardstock. I used tracing paper to trace the shapes, then turned it over and onto the back of the holographic cardstock, and traced over the outline. Then I cut out the shape and attached it to the back of the sticker.
- With the fold at the left, glue a 4 1/2"x6" silver cardstock rectangle centered to the card front. Cut a 4"x2 7/8" blue rectangle and mat on red, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue to the upper portion of the silver cardstock, 2 1/2" from the bottom of the card.
- Use tracing paper to outline the hat, scarf, and heart portions of the 3 snowmen. Turn the tracing paper over, and place on the back of scraps of green or red cardstock, then use your pencil to trace over the outline again, transferring the image to the back of the cardstock. Cut out the shapes and attach to the back of the stickers. Attach the stickers to white cardstock and cut around the edges. Attach a fuzzy red heart brad to the larger snowman's scarf. Glue the two larger snowmen to the blue rectangle as shown. Save the smaller snowman for the inside.
- Use the transfer sheet to add "Let it snow!" to the blue cardstock between the two snowmen. Add small pieces of red cardstock beneath the open hearts of the mittens sticker and attach below the words. Add snowflake stickers as shown.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x1/2" blue strip and mat on green. Attach the border across the center of the blue strip. Attach red dotted brads and a fuzzy heart brad evenly spaced on border as shown. Glue border across the card, 1" from the bottom.
Trim the Tree!
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I used a punch to create the red backing for the round tree ornaments.
- Trim the card to a 5" square and turn so the fold is at the top. Glue a 4 1/2"x3 1/2" green rectangle centered on the lower card front, 1 1/4" from the top. Attach the tree sticker to the center of the green cardstock 3/4" from the bottom of the green rectangle. Add punched red circles to the backs of ornament stickers, then attach to the tree as shown. Attach the tree base to red cardstock, trim around the edges, and attach the star sticker to the center. Glue over the bottom of the tree.
- Attach the sticker border along the bottom of the green cardstock, trimming the edges evenly. Attach the dotted present and the rectangular present to red cardstock and trim around the edges, lifting up the bow loops as you go. Trim a small piece of green cardstock and attach beneath the tag on the remaining present, then attach to red cardstock and trim around the edges. Glue presents near bottom of the tree as shown.
- Use the transfer sheet to add the words "Trim the tree!" to the upper right side of the green cardstock. Add stars as shown. Cut a 5"x3/4" strip of red cardstock and add 3 of the round boutique brads, evenly spaced. Add stars between the brads. Glue the strip across the card, 1/4" from the top.
- Inside the card: Glue a 5"x3/4" red cardstock strip across the center of the inside. Cut a 2"x1 1/8" green rectangle and trim top corners into a tag shape. Attach a small Christmas tree sticker to the bottom of the tag as shown. Use the transfer sheet to apply "Merry Christmas" to the right side of the red strip. Attach the tag to the left side of the words with a round boutique brad.
'Tis the Season!
By Susan Cobb
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top. Cover the left half of the card with red cardstock, and the right half with green cardstock. Cut a 3/8" wide strip of silver cardstock, add holly boutique brads evenly spaced, trimming the ends of the prongs if necessary. Glue the strip vertically over the seam of the two colors.
- Use the tracing paper to trace the outline of the reindeer (without antlers). Turn the tracing paper over and place it on the back of a scrap of green cardstock, then use a pencil to trace over the outline, transferring the image to the back of the cardstock. Cut out the shape, then position it on the back of the reindeer sticker. Attach the sticker to the red portion of the card front as shown.
- Cut loosely around the reindeer "innies", then trim the sticker material surrounding the "innies" to leave a thin gold border. Apply the transfer material to the innie and use the end of your craft knife handle to burnish the innie. Turn the innie over and peel the backing from the transfer material, checking to make sure the innie has attached to the transfer material. Set aside on your work surface, sticky side up. Use the tracing paper pattern to trace and cut out a reindeer shape from red cardstock as you did in step #2 for the green one. Attach to the innie on the transfer material. Add glue to the back of the cardstock, then position the reindeer innie with transfer material and cardstock onto the green side of the card front. Use the back of your fingernail to burnish the innie in place. Peel up the transfer material, making sure the image stays on the green cardstock.
- Use the transfer sheet to add 'Tis the Season!" across the bottom of the green portion of the card front. Add swirls, snowflakes and stars stickers as shown.
- Inside the card: Cut a 5"x3/4" green strip and add the sticker border across the center. Glue even with the bottom of the inside. Attach a small reindeer sticker to a 1 1/2"x2 1/8" red rectangle. Add stars on the right side as shown. Use the transfer sheet to attach "Joy" to the bottom of a 1 3/4"x3" green rectangle, then glue the red rectangle with reindeer to it, extending over the top 1/4". Mat both pieces as one on gold cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue centered to the inside above the border.