Sew Sweet Canvas
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Sweet Canvas Bundle Sew Sweet Canvas Collection, or you can order them separately.
Sew Sweet Canvas
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When coloring the canvas and chipboard pieces, use the surface of the inkpad along the surface and sides. You may want to put a firm surface, like a book, behind the canvas center to provide a firm work surface.
- 8"x8" Stretched Canvas
- Heritage Backgrounds
- Sew Sweet Dazzles Black
- Lace Ribbon Set
- Still Sew Cute Chipboard Set
- Buttons Chipboard Mini Set
- Mini Wood Spools
- Sew Nice Creative Scraps
- Fuchsia Blend Color Infusion Sparklers, Aqua Blend Color Infusion Sparklers, Dark Blue Color Infusion Sparklers
- Classic Cardstock (black)
- Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Sanding Block
- Tacky Glue
- Color photo
- Use the Aged Mahogany inkpad to color the surface and sides of the canvas. Glue an 8" length of ivory lace to the bottom back edge of the canvas. Let the glue dry.
- Tear 3" from the bottom edge of the yellow doily paper and cut to 7 ½" long. Tear a 7"x1 ½" strip of yellow striped paper and glue to the back top edge of the doily paper. Use a thin layer of Tacky Glue to glue the paper to the bottom edge of the canvas. Place a length of Dazzles( measuring tape on the bottom edge of the doily paper. Glue a length of white rose trim 1 ¼" from the bottom of the doily paper.
- Sand the edges of a 4"x3" photo. Mat with black cardstock, leaving a 3/8" wide border. Glue to the top right side of the canvas with the lower right photo corner tucked behind the torn paper edge. Tie white lace into a bow with long tails. Glue the bow to the right canvas corner. Wrap the tails around the sides and glue in place.
- Glue a "Silk Embroidery" cut-out below the photo and a blue/pink dressmaker's dummy to the left.
- Place the "You're Sew Sweet" Dazzles( words onto a torn square from the doily paper, ink the edges and glue to the top left photo corner. Line a Dazzles( pin cushion with striped paper and glue to the bottom left of the cut out.
- Apply the surface of the black inkpad to the large chipboard sewing machine and glue to the center of the doily paper border. Ink the ends of 3 spools and 2 chipboard buttons. Wrap with Color Infusions Threads and glue among the border. Color the small chipboard hanger with Aged Mahogany and glue to hang from the rose trim. Color the tiny scissors with a black inkpad with light inking on the blades and heavy inking on the handles. Glue to the left side of the canvas.