Happy Birthday domino book
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Domino Book & Necklace Set or you can order them separately.
Happy Birthday domino book
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: I inked the dominos with alcohol inks, then stamped images on them using StazOn® ink. After letting the ink dry, I dry-brushed some metallic copper ink over some of the stamped images for shimmery detail. This little domino book makes a great gift!
- Nonna's Garden Paper Pack
- Nonna's Garden Ribbons
- 8"x8" Cardstock for Retro
- Dominos - Large
- Artful Collections Stamps
- Cottage Path Alcohol Inks
- Pearl & Copper Mixatives For Alcohol Inks
- Blending Solution
- Crystal Lacquer
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- All 3 Round Punches
- Tacky Glue
- Cosmetic sponge wedges
- Use a cosmetic sponge to apply currant and meadow inks to the blank sides of the two dominos, keeping the colors clean, without mixing them too much. Apply meadow ink to the narrow sides of each. Let dry, then add copper ink to the edges. Stamp the flower/swirl/words image and butterfly image to one domino over the alcohol ink with black StazOn® ink. Stamp the swirly border over the left edge of the second alcohol inked domino, then stamp a small butterfly and swirl on the right side as shown. Use the small paintbrush to add copper ink detail to the stamped images. Let them dry, then turn the dominos over and apply currant ink to the remaining side of each. Let dry.
- Cut a 6" x 1 ¾" rectangle each from roses/words paper and pink cardstock. Stamp the swirly border along the bottom edge of the roses/words paper rectangle with black ink. Stamp a swirl and border motif at the left side, the stamp "wishes" and the large butterfly image near the top as shown. Stamp a small butterfly near the center of the border image. Then stamp the same butterfly image on pink dotted paper and cut it out. Glue the butterfly cut-out over the stamped image on the rectangle. Stamp the ruler border and "Birthday" on brown swirls paper with VersaMark ink, then sprinkle the white embossing powder over the stamped images. Emboss with the heat tool. Trim each image into a rectangle and glue to the paper as shown. Glue brown ribbon to the ends.
- Accordion folds both the paper and cardstock rectangles with five 1" wide folds. Glue the rectangles back to back, aligning the folds together, and then ink the edges brown. Glue the ends to the backside of dominos with tacky glue. Let dry. Close the book and knot with ribbon. Stamp "Happy Birthday" on tan swirls paper with timber brown ink. Trim into a small tag shape and ink the edges brown. Punch a 1/16" hole at the top of the tag, then tie around the ribbon with copper thread.