Project comments (5)
| Write a comment
3 Drawer Chest
3 Drawer Chest
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: You can use many different products to paint/stain the chest box. Spray paint or stain will provide excellent light weight coverage and a quick dry time. Liquid acrylic paint will also work, but I would suggest painting after assembling the box, as the paint may make the assembling more difficult. You can even using the surface of a StazOn® inkpad with the aid of a cosmetic sponge.
- Assemble the 3-Drawer Storage Unit drawers according to the instructions, using Tacky Glue on the seams and tape to secure them while they dry.
- Place drawers over newspapers in a well-ventilated space and lightly spray the sides with brown stain spray paint.
- Before assembling the 3-Drawer Storage Unit chest box spray surface and sides with brown stain spray paint, let dry and turn over and spray opposite side. Let dry. Apply glue stick to one side of the box top. Cover with Heritage tan dot paper using the X-acto® knife to trim the paper even with the sides.
- Assemble the 3-Drawer Storage Unit chest box, using tacky glue on the slotted pieces. Apply glue stick to the drawer fronts. Cover with Heritage paper and use the X-acto® knife to trim the paper even with the sides as shown.
- Apply Timber Brown StazOn ink to the edges of all the papered surfaces using a cosmetic sponge. Place Black Card Hardware Dazzles hinges to the left and right front of each drawer. Write on 2"x3/4" of ivory cardstock and mat with black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to the drawer fronts and place Black Card Hardware Dazzles tiny hinges and corner pieces as label holders.