By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: To heat emboss vellum without overheating it, place the vellum over a piece of cardstock, then heat from underneath the cardstock. It will take a little more time, but the heat will emboss the stamped image without making the paper ripple.
- Home Grown Paper Pack
- Silver Holographic Ripple Paper
- Home Grown Ribbon Collection
- Well Preserved Stamp Set
- All 4 Acrylic Blocks
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder, White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Warm Red Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- 8 1/2"x11" Colored Vellum Value Pack
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Heat Gun
- Foam Tape
- Medium Zots™
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with black cardstock. Ink the edges of a 4 7/8"x6 3/8" striped Home Grown paper black and glue centered to the card front. Ink the edges of a 6 3/8"X3/8" yellow cardstock strip and glue vertically to the striped paper, 1" from the left side of the paper. Ink the edges of a 3 1/2"x6 3/8" blue tiny labels paper and glue to the right side, leaving the black border at the edges.
- Glue teal sheer ribbon across the card, 7/8" from the top. Glue ruler twill across the card just below the ribbon. Stamp the large button image on red cardstock. Sprinkle with black embossing powder, tap off excess, and emboss. Trim around each image and foam tape to the corners of the labels paper as shown.
- Stamp the jar with lid image with the VersaMark ink on yellow/white flowers paper, red/white gingham paper, silver holographic paper, and ivory cardstock. Add black embossing powder to each and emboss. Cut around the yellow/white flowers jar. Trim around the red/white gingham lid and foam tape it over the top of the yellow/white flowers jar.
- Use the red ink to stamp solid and open hearts within the ivory jar, stamping twice before re-inking to get a color variation for the hearts. Cut out the ivory/hearts jar. Cut out the silver holographic embossed lid and foam tape it to the top of the ivory/hearts jar.
- Stamp "Well Preserved" and "enjoy" with VersaMark on red cardstock. Emboss it black. Stamp the scalloped oval label with VersaMark around the words, then emboss it white. Add the embossed label centered over the yellow/white flowers jar, trimming sides evenly. Zot a teal sheer bow near the left side of the lid. Glue to the left side of the card front.
- Stamp the ruffle image on red/white gingham paper and emboss it black. Cut it out and foam tape to the top of the ivory/hearts jar, just below the silver holographic lid. Stamp and emboss "Love" in black on red cardstock. Trim to a small tag shape, then ink the edges of the tag with VersaMark and emboss the edges black as well. Tie around the jar between the lid and ruffle with yellow ribbon and glue the tag beneath the ribbon as shown.
- Stamp "Goodies" centered near the bottom of a 2 1/2"x1" piece of white vellum with VersaMark. Emboss with black embossing powder. Ink top and bottom edges of the vellum black and let dry. Place over the center of the ivory/hearts jar and glue in place, trimming sides evenly with the jar. Stamp the tiny "with" label with black ink on red and heat set with the embossing tool. Stamp "filled" centered on the label with VersaMark, then emboss it black. Cut around the label and glue to the vellum above "Goodies". Glue the jar to the card front as shown, overlapping the first jar.