By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: When I added the inks on the paper, I used a tapping motion to spread the ink, trying not to mix the colors together completely. This will create areas with several shades of green, as well as yellow and blue for a very pretty effect.
- Color Me Glossy Paper Pack
- Fresh Cut Ribbon Collection
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Gold Greetings Dazzles
- Artisan Flowers
- Nature Walk Alcohol Ink Set
- Blending Solution
- Applicator & Refills
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Medium Zots™
- Latex or rubber gloves (optional, but they keep hands from staining)
- Paper towels
- Cover your work area with newsprint and put on your gloves. Place the Color Me Glossy Writing paper face up on the newsprint. Squeeze some alcohol blending solution on the paper, then squeeze several drops of butterscotch ink, then add several drops of stream ink. Squeeze a small amount of blending solution on the applicator/felt and use a tapping motion to spread the ink over the paper, trying not to mix the colors together completely. Squeeze a small amount of blending solution on a paper towel and wipe off the excess ink from the design on the paper.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with the inked Color Me Glossy Writing paper, trimming edges evenly with the card. Cut out the narrow border and apply blending solution, then stream ink. spread the ink over the border. Wipe off the excess. Foam tape the border to the left side of the card as shown, trimming ends evenly with the card.
- Cut loosely around a label, small tag, and large tag. Ink as you did for step #1, but this time use a little more blending solution and only 1 drop of each ink color. This will create a much lighter effect. Wipe off the excess ink. Trim the edges of the small tag and label. Foam tape the label to the right side of the card. Add "Hello" to the lower left portion of the label. Cut two 4" lengths of blue 1/4" wide sheer ribbon, place together and tie a knot at the center. Zot the ribbon over the upper right corner of the label. Zot a flower over the center of the ribbon. Glue the small tag to the border as shown. Cut 8" of blue sheer ribbon. Tie a bow and Zot to the top of the tag.
- Cut a 3"x5" piece from remaining inked Color Me Glossy Writing paper and glue even with the right side of the inside. Take your applicator and add a drop of butterscotch and a drop of stream ink. Now squeeze some blending solution directly over the ink. Press gently to your paper towel to remove excess, then add more blending solution. Apply the ink just outside the edges of the large tag to create a slightly darker border. Glue centered to the inside, overlapping the inked Writing paper. Add "Thinking of you" sticker across the center of the tag. Cut a 12" length of blue sheer ribbon. Tie a bow and Zot to the end of the tag.