Miss You Typewriter Card
Miss You Typewriter Card
By Gail Booth
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Heat your paper from beneath with the heat gun to keep the mica flakes and glass glitter from being blown away. Sprinkle on a little more embossing powder, flakes and glitter if too much gets blown away, and heat again.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Red Velvet 6"x6" Paper Pad
- Happy Days Ribbon Set
- Vintage Things Blueprint Stamp Set
- Bronze Encrusted Jewels
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Brown Pigment Ink Pad
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- Heat Gun
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Sanding Block
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- . Cosmetic Sponge
- . Scrap Cardstock
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- . Font: American Typewriter, 24 pt.
- Place your card with the fold on top. Glue a 1/2"x5" Red Velvet red/black dot paper along left edge and another along the right edge. Ink the edges of a 6"x5" Red Velvet green texture paper Brown and glue centered on the front, leaving the sides loose to tuck ribbon under later.
- Stamp the typewriter image in Brown ink, 1/4" from the bottom edge of a 5 1/4"x4 1/2" Red Velvet tan flourish paper. Lightly stamp the edges of the paper with the clock stamp, off-stamping onto scrap paper first. VersaMark the corners with the stamp pad and dust with Golden Sand embossing powder. Sprinkle with Tea Stained mica flakes and Bronze glass glitter before heating from underneath with the heat gun. Glue centered on the card front.
- Sand the edges of a 2"x3 1/2" Red Velvet red text paper and glue 1/2" from the fold. Write or print "Miss You! xoxo" on a 1 1/2"x4" Red Velvet tan text paper and sand the edges. Roll down the top and Zot in place. Zot the ends over the red strip, leaving a "bump" in the center. Zot on a length of ribbon 1 1/2" from the lower edge, tying knots at the right and left and gluing ends under the green paper.
- Glue a 5"x4" Red Velvet brown flourish paper to scrap cardstock and stamp the typewriter image with VersaMark, in the center. Cover with embossing powder, sprinkle with mica flakes and glass glitter (as shown) and heat from underneath with the heat gun. Cut out the typewriter image and mat on Red Velvet green texture paper with a 1/16" border. Ink the edges Brown and foam tape over the brown stamped typewriter image, as shown.
- For the inside: Ink the edges of a 4"x3 1/2" Red Velvet green flourish paper and glue at the top right corner. Ink the edges of a 4"x3 1/2" Red Velvet tan flourish paper, stamp the typewriter in brown off the bottom left corner, and glue as shown.
- Sand the edges of a 2 1/4"x3" Red Velvet red text paper and glue on center, at an angle. Write or print "Drop me a line!!" on a 1 3/4"x2 1/2" Red Velvet tan text paper and sand the edges. Foam tape on center of the red, over a length of knotted polka dot ribbon, as shown.