By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Back the matted photo with the square doily and use these beautiful die-cuts to balance the out the page with a simple collage.
- Stolen Moments Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Stolen Moments Ribbon Set
- Stolen Moments Die-Cuts
- Copper Jewel Dazzles™
- Knife & Refill
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- McGill 1/4" Hole Punch
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Black .01 Precision Pen or computer printer
- Font: Corinthia Professional, 22pt. journaling & die cuts, 26pt. large label
- Left page: Turn the 8” square paper doily on point and place on the postcard background paper, with the point 3” from the left side and even with the top. Glue the doily in place and trim the excess from the left side even with the paper.
- Mat the 5”x7” photo on ivory cardstock and ink the edges brown. Mat on aqua/brown chevrons paper with 1/4" borders and ink the edges. Mat on brown textured paper with 1/8” borders and glue on the page over the doily, even with the left side and 1 3/4" from the top. Glue 1/2" wide green grosgrain ribbon across the page, just below the photo mat.
- Write or computer print journaling on ivory/yellow textured paper and trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges brown and mat on brown textured paper with 1/8” borders. Fold a 1” length of green grosgrain ribbon in half and glue to the left edge as a tab. Glue to the page, even with the right side and 2 3/4" from the top. Write or computer print names and words centered on the aqua/brown framed oval die-cut. Add a green grosgrain ribbon tab at each side of the die-cut and foam tape centered over the bottom of the photo and green ribbon as shown.
- Punch out the remaining die-cut pieces to be used. Ink the edges of the aqua/ivory lace medallion. Layer the pieces and glue or foam tape overlapping the paper and ribbon on the right side of the page as shown. Use 3/4" wide brown crepe ribbon to tie a bow and Zot™ between the journaling block and the die-cut collage. Glue brown die-cut corners to the ivory photo mat. Embellish the die-cuts and background paper with Copper Jewel Dazzles™.
- Right page: Turn the yellow with stripes/lace/swirls border background paper so the border is at the top. Math the 6”x4” horizontal photo on ivory/yellow tiles paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges brown and mat on brown textured paper with ¼” borders. Glue to the page, ¼” from the right edge and 5/8” from the top. Mat the two 2¾”x4¼” vertical photos on ivory/yellow tiles paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges brown. Place the photos side by side on the lower left portion of the background paper, then overlap the bottom inner corners together so they are angled, 1 1/4” from the bottom.
- Write or computer print “moments together become beautiful memories” centered on ivory/yellow tiles paper. Trim to a 2”x1 1/8” rectangle and set aside for the tags and pocket embellishment.
- Punch out the aqua/ivory lace medallion die-cut and ink the edges brown. Write or computer print journaling on the center of the die-cut, then foam tape to the page, ¾” from the left edge and 1¼” from the top. Punch out the tan tag with stripes/lace border. Write or computer print journaling on the center. Set aside for the tags and pocket embellishment.
- Cut a 5” length of 1” ivory ribbon and tie a knot at the center. Cut ribbon ends in a “v” and Zot™ on the large photo as shown.
- Cut a 3 ½”x6” aqua/brown tiles paper and fold the lower 2 ½” upward to form a “faux” pocket. Ink the edges of the pocket brown. Punch out the “stolen moments” ribbon slide die-cut. Cut two 3½” lengths of brown crepe ribbon and thread them through the ribbon slide. Place the ribbon slide over the left side of the pocket and glue the ends to the inside and back. Cut a 3½”x2” brown dots paper, snip the corners, punch a hole at the top and ink the edges brown. Trim the reserved journaling block to fit across the tag and ink the edges brown. Cut two 1/8”x1 1/8” strips of aqua distressed chevrons paper and ink the edges brown. Foam tape to the tag below the words .Thread a small piece of brown crepe ribbon through the hole at the top of the tag, gluing at the back to secure. Place inside the pocket at the left side. Cut a 4”x1/8” brown textured paper strip and fold in half. Glue together so the brown sides are showing. Thread through the hole at the top of the journaled die-cut tag, gluing at the back to secure. Place the tag inside the pocket at the right side. Glue the pocket to the page, ½” from the right side and bottom.
- Glue the brown flourish die-cut overlapping the bottom edges of the 2 small vertical photos. Glue the yellow/brown arrow die-cut above the small left vertical photo so it points to the large horizontal photo.