By Gail Booth
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Use ribbon along the "rays" for a shock of color.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Easy Sunburst Template
- Grapefruit Double-sided Paper Pack
- Grapefruit Ribbon Collection
- Gold Stars Holographic Paper
- Gold Big Greetings Dazzles™
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Butter Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Cosmetic Wedge
- Font: Great Vibes, 20 pt.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on top. Cover with Gold Stars paper.
- Cut 4 1/2"x6" yellow cardstock and place the template over it with the "center point" in the bottom left corner. Lightly trace all of the radiating lines with a pencil, then remove the template. Do not cut out the yellow rays, this will be your base.
- Cut 4 1/2"x6" paper from orange cardstock and Grapefruit orange scroll paper. Use the template to trace rays on each paper, with "center point" in the bottom left corner. Cut out each ray making sure to label the back of each ray with the corresponding ray number.
- Assemble the rays by placing the matching numbered rays onto your base and gluing in place (see the photo for the pattern used). Glue strips of ribbon onto the upper edge of each orange scroll paper ray as shown, trimming ends even with the paper. Ink the edges of the finished piece and glue to your card center.
- Place the "Wishing You Sunshine" Dazzles on 3"x1 1/2" yellow cardstock, ink the edges and mat on Grapefruit orange scroll paper with a 1/16" border. Ink the edges again and foam tape on the bottom left corner of the rays. Place star Dazzles as shown.
- Card inside: Mat a 5 1/2"x4" Gold Stars paper on Grapefruit orange scroll paper with a 1/16" border and glue in the center.
- Cut a 5 1/2"x4" yellow cardstock and journal "Have a Sunny Day!" on the lower right.
- Use the template to trace rays onto the paper, with "center point" in the bottom left corner and the journaling within the #12 ray. Cut out every other ray, making sure to label the back of each ray with the corresponding number (using only the even numbered rays). Cut the large end of each ray into a point and ink the edges.
- Arrange your rays on the gold paper, following the correct numbered order. Foam tape the large ends in place and glue the small ends into a point in the bottom left corner. Zot a small bow as shown.